FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona x output betacam uvw-1800

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla Silva
AJA Kona x output betacam uvw-1800
on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:48:14 pm

Hello!!!

I have AJA Kona lh-, and work with FCP 6.06. I need to use edit to tape to send my job for uvw-1800.
I capture from it, but I dont get to edit to tape (in the image, Only audio)...
Somebody could help me to configure my AJA???

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: AJA Kona x output betacam uvw-1800
on Mar 23, 2010 at 10:49:38 pm

do you have an AJA Kona LH, LHe, or LHi ?

Are you working in an HD project (and want to downconvert to SD for the Beta tape) or is this an SD project, and you just can't get the signal into your Beta VTR ?

Do you know what the AJA Control Panel is ? Have you opened it ? What format is it set to ? Where is the ANALOG OUT tab set (component or composite) ? Is the FORMAT tab on 525 for "secondary" ?

Is your Beta VTR Input switch in YPbPr ? Do you have the Y Pb Pr out cables going from your Kona LH into your Beta component inputs ? What Beta VTR do you have - an 1800 ? Is the little component switch on the rear of this VTR in the "up" position"

More info please, to help with your problem.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Carla Silva
on Mar 23, 2010 at 11:36:37 pm

My dear,

After 6 hours, after I change all cables, after I almost cry...
Is the little component switch on the rear of this VTR in the "down position"...
A litle detail...
Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 24, 2010 at 2:07:46 am

Carla,
your tears replicate my tears. You are not a video professional, until you sit there, in tears, when everything is failing, and then you realize - it's one simple switch, or one simple menu setting.

That "seperates the men from the boys". If you don't suffer thru these problems, you are not a professional. I have the utmost respect for you, for going thru everything, and finally figuring out what the real problem was - a stupid little switch.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 24, 2010 at 12:19:43 pm

[Bob Zelin] " I have the utmost respect for you, for going thru everything, and finally figuring out what the real problem was - a stupid little switch. "

Note too the fact that she would take the time to post that information also, something not many of the "professionals" here do when it was "a stupid little switch"

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]