FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Lhi off line

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schloss
Kona Lhi off line
on Mar 20, 2010 at 5:01:20 am

Hello. I installed a AJA Lhi card in my Mac Pro, updated the firmware, installed latest drivers, installed Premeirer CS4 plug in. I capture via component and all was going well. Then I tried to upcode a DV tape to 1080i. Nothing. Now in control panel everything is set the same but when I open Adobes capture window, select Kona AJA QT and looked at the set up it says the card is off-line and all is greyed out. AJA just sent a new card...samething. Tech support says they are stumped...I'm stressed. I tried HDMI capture, same thing. Audio comes through. Output from the time line goes to my monitor and looks great...just no more capture.

Any thoughts. This is scarey when Tech Support talks to their engineers and they have no clue. I tried to reset the card on start up but it shows a full green light on the card and a half red half green on the other light.

I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Kona Lhi off line
on Mar 20, 2010 at 11:07:42 am

[Daniel Schloss] "Then I tried to upcode a DV tape to 1080i."

Can I assume that you are trying an upconversion? Upcode is not a term I have ever heard.

Tell us what are your settings?

Have you tried to do this outside of premier?

What are the exact OS and Software versions you are working with.

"Now in control panel everything is set the same but when I open Adobes capture window, select Kona AJA QT and looked at the set up it says the card is off-line and all is greyed out. AJA just sent a new card...samething. "

Set the same to what?

We need more complete info..

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 21, 2010 at 8:18:27 pm

Hi ,
I don't know Premier, so I will be of limited help to you.
You need to confirm that your AJA Kona LHi card works perfectly with the AJA control Panel. Abandon Premier until you confirm this.
Open the AJA Control Panel, click on the Format tab to make sure you are working in a format that complies with your VTR and monitor. Then go to the Control Panel tab, and select TEST PATTERN - do you see color bars on your TV monitor ? If so, then change the tab from Test Pattern to Input passthrough, and play a video source into the input of your Kona LHi card. (if it's component, like a Beta VTR, or even the composite signal of a DV VTR, make sure that the INPUT SELECTOR tab is selected to the correct composite or component, and not SDI). Do you see the VTR playing thru the card ? This will quickly help you determine if your card is working.

Even if you only have an HDMI source, you can select this in the INPUT tab (if it's HD, change the format tab to a matching HD format).

Once you get a video image on your TV, you can then go back to premier, and see what is going on.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Dan Schloss
on Mar 22, 2010 at 10:21:06 pm

Hi Bob

Thanks for the follow up. Mystery solved. It appears that AJA put a driver on their site that is for MACs built after 2008. Mine was a 2007 baby and when they had me load a driver from their archive sections it works fine. The currently listed drivers make Adobe very unstable (more than it normally is). Thanks for the reply.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]