FORUMS: list search recent posts

Again, Kona LSe to Betacam SP UVW-1800

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit Ghildiyal
Again, Kona LSe to Betacam SP UVW-1800
on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:44:50 pm

Hello,
I had asked this question before on the forum, but i was only able to solve half the problem. My kona LSe is connected to the digibeta which is conneced to the betacam sp uvw-1800 by the rgb cables.

I have conncted the remote to the betacam and have control, the composite cable is in the betacam output and i have a clear video signal on the ntsc monitor, HOWEVER FCP capture window doesnt allow me the preview video or audio( preview button checked). (xlr cables for l&r are connected from digibeta to betacam). Now i'v tried all video input and output cables to the betacam but have been unsuccessful.

FCP SETTINGS : NTSC, 8 bit PRORES, 29.97fps (audio and video signals from kona)

On the vtr's;

Digibeta (BTS DCB 500N) is set to SIF
Betacam (UVW-1800) is set to composite

HELP!!!!!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Again, Kona LSe to Betacam SP UVW-1800
on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:53:04 pm

What are you trying to do?

Return to posts index

Amit Ghildiyal
on Mar 19, 2010 at 5:11:56 pm

I'm trying to capture betacam tapes going through the digibeta. I just changed the rgb cables from the digibeta in to the betacam out( as the kona cables are connected to the digibeta) and now have video signal in the FCP capture window. However no audio. The xlr cables are connected from betacam output ch 1 and ch2 to the Audio input ( ch1 and ch2) of the digibeta.

Digibeta on component and betacam on composite

Please excuse me if i type absurdly, its been a long night.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 19, 2010 at 5:14:22 pm

I don't understand. Wh don't you capture analog from the BetaSP? Why go through the Digibeta?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 19, 2010 at 8:00:58 pm

And you know, Digibeta decks PLAY betaSP tapes. At least every one I have ever used has.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Amit Ghildiyal
on Mar 22, 2010 at 5:44:36 pm

My digibeta deck doesnt seem to play betacam sp tapes, it simply ejects them. I tried connecting the kona cables directly to the betacam deck but that didnt work either it gave me an error " tape trouble.check VTR, do not attempt to eject tape or use transport without checking VTR first." I'v tried every cable combination and dont know what to do now. the tapes are Maxwell B-60ML BQ betacam sp. Like I said I have preview on the NTSC monitor, its plugged into the uvw-1800's output.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]