FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Error -2048

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Bell
Quicktime Error -2048
on Mar 12, 2010 at 11:28:55 am

Hi,

I have a dual boot Nehalem Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.8 and Windows XP with an AJA Xena LHe that works also as a Kona on the mac side.

I usually capture video on the Mac side to Quicktimes using the Prores HQ 422 codec as this is sufficient for my needs. Then I encode to AVC (for BD) on the PC side which requires the use of Quicktime for Windows to decode the file. This workflow has been working fine for quite a while now!

So recently I had a few captured HD files that I needed to encode and found that Quicktime won't play (decode) any of my captured Quicktimes, giving me an error "Quicktime can't find the required codec. Error -2048". I know this is not correct as some files (captured a while ago) play fine and looking at the file info I can see they are the very same codec!!

The only thing I can think that has changed is that I upgraded to Final Cut Studio 3 recently and since doing this Quicktime (on the Mac side) has some extra Prores codecs available (Prores 4444 and another). Even though Im not using the new ones maybe the upgrade also changed the existing Prores codecs which haven't been updated on the Windows version yet? Would that make sense?

Anyway, any speculation on how Apple can screw things up for me next so I can prepare for it would be welcomely received!!

Thanks,
Tom.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Quicktime Error -2048
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:35:19 pm

I would assume that the QT for windows hasn't been updated with the v2 ProRes QT component.

Return to posts index

Tom Bell
Re: Quicktime Error -2048
on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:59:23 pm

Thanks Jeremy. I guess Ill just haver to wait for an update!
Apple seem to keep trying to trip me up here and there!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]