FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lhi Relocation(?) Problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter tours
Lhi Relocation(?) Problem
on Mar 3, 2010 at 4:54:12 am

After a "gray screen of death" failure of our Early 2008 Mac Pro, Applecare has provided us with a replacement Mac Pro, this time the 2009 Dual Quad 2.93. (Yes, we are indeed very lucky!)

After initially powering up the new computer and assuring myself it works, I have installed the system drive for the old computer in the new one, and installed our Kona Lhi in the slot above the graphics card. I have uninstalled 7.1(?) software and installed 7.5 and updated the firmware to 12/09.

Final Cut recognizes the Lhi is there - but I have no analog component or HDMI output and analog audio is only a constant buzz on the right channel - either in FCP or out. The standby bars are also not showing when out of FCP.

We acquire on P2 and monitor analog component SD. Proper easy setups have been selected, external video is set for all frames and I have tried many many video settings using media and generators. I have no SDI devices for a cross check.

Besides a general failure, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

peter tours
Re: Lhi Relocation(?) Problem
on Mar 3, 2010 at 5:32:51 am

I also have a black generator attached to the ref in of the Kona Lhi but the control panel is showing no input, analog composite or ref.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:25:40 pm

There have beensny posts about installing the cable correctly. Make sure the aja logo is facing up.

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:51:46 pm

I was about to write back so cocky and point out it's a D Ring connector and I would never do anything that stupid. Then I double checked.

In my own defense, plse see the time of my original post and accept the apologies of a grateful, if embarrassed editor!

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 3, 2010 at 2:40:37 pm

:)

it's an honest mistake. Glad you're up and running and still have your humor.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:39:38 pm

[peter tours] "Final Cut recognizes the Lhi is there - but I have no analog component or HDMI output and analog audio is only a constant buzz on the right channel - either in FCP or out."

First Check the hardware- are you using the breakout box and if so is it properly connected to your equipment.

Get out of FCP. Final Cut cannot properly control the Card without proper set up.

Open the Kona Control Panel.
Make sure that all of your settings are correct.

if all else still fails

Call tech support, there are people on the phones starting at 9am est.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:52:46 pm

Thanks for your advice. See above "Duh" moment. peter

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Kim McTaggart
on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:17:02 pm

I just did the same "duh" thing. After 30 minutes of troubleshooting and cursing I came to the cow to solve my audio buzz and found the answer within 3 minutes! Love it!
Mucho appreciated, Kim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]