FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 HD Final Cut Studio Sony Monitor BVM-1910 Output

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Sorrenti
Kona 3 HD Final Cut Studio Sony Monitor BVM-1910 Output
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:43:33 pm

Hello, believe it or not I am not having any luck getting a picture on my Sony BVM-1910 monitor. I do see the test pattern though through the setting on the AJA control panel. This to me sounds more like an FCP issue than an AJA but I'm not sure? My System is as follows: Apple Intel Quad Core 3.2 GHz, 4GB's RAM 3TB's hard drive space. Running: Final Cut Studio 3. The project I'm trying to output to the monitor is 29.97 NTSC DV in my sequence and, I have everything checked correctly in the AJA control Panel to output that proper frame rate as well as scan lines. As I try to output to the My Sony monitor all I see is the Test pattern. I pulled up Adobe After Effects CS4 and did a test and could see the image I was working on, correctly without a problem. So my question is it the AJA settings or Final Cut? Any insight would be most appreciated, thanks much!

Return to posts index

Michael Craven
Re: Kona 3 HD Final Cut Studio Sony Monitor BVM-1910 Output
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:53:51 pm

Do you have your FCP output settings correct? AJA Kona 525i29.97 8 Bit?

Return to posts index

Christopher Sorrenti
on Feb 26, 2010 at 3:42:36 pm

Thanks Michael that did the trick, that was it works great! Thanks much for the tip!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 26, 2010 at 1:53:59 pm

There is an Easy Setup for DV with AJA Video output which switches the video output over to the Kona.

If you're in the regular DV-NTSC Easy Setup, then you won't see anything because it's feeding video via Firewire and not the Kona.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]