Kona 7.5 stability

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Smith
Kona 7.5 stability
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:25:24 pm

Hi all, other than the issues mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/98/875968

What is the general consensus of the usability/stability of 7.5? We're always a bit wary of major upgrades and never seem to find the time to test them ourselves.
Thanks,
Stuart

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona 7.5 stability
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:23:37 pm

it works fine.
Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 22, 2010 at 6:07:27 pm

Fixed an issue for me. It's working great.

Return to posts index

Stuart Smith
on Feb 22, 2010 at 7:13:33 pm

col, thanks guys

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Feb 26, 2010 at 6:23:56 pm

7.5 drivers are quite buggy for my usage. I am waiting on a fix for these things in particular:
1. AJA Control panel resets to default 525 settings almost every time I restart or open the AJA Control panel.
2. MacDesktop does NOT work while FCP is open. I use this for viewing scripts while I work. The playback in FCP stutters unbearably and my Sony broadcast monitor stripes the screen in time to FCP stutters. Could be a setting I have wrong, but there is only one button to push for this option.

These are known issues that have been going on for some time. I will discontinue the use of the Desktop drivers...again...

MacPro Dual Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, 6GB ram, 4TB SATA Raid that doesn't work in SL, Leopard 10.5 sumthin', FCPStudio 3, QT 7

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 26, 2010 at 6:39:37 pm

[Erik Mickelson] "1. AJA Control panel resets to default 525 settings almost every time I restart or open the AJA Control panel. "

You aren't logged in as admin, is that right?

[Erik Mickelson] "2. MacDesktop does NOT work while FCP is open. I use this for viewing scripts while I work. "

Meaning you turn off external monitoring in FCP? Otherwise, I can get desktop and FCP to play nice, but once switching to FCP, the monitor is seeing FCP output.

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Feb 26, 2010 at 7:10:48 pm

I am the admin. I am the only one flying this pig.

I would like my system to be setup like this: when doing roughs, FCP plays back on the Desktop LCD monitor and have the Broadcast monitor as an extended desktop for viewing the script(saves a tree). It is just not possible to do this. The AJA drivers are bugged.
Then when I am good with script changes, turn on View External and set up AJA to the desired refresh/size. Well, AJA toggles between 525 and 720 or 1080, whatever you don't want, the AJA will do. Isn't it great! The NDD drivers work OK if not using the desktop and FCP.

MacPro Dual Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, 6GB ram, 4TB SATA Raid that doesn't work in SL, Leopard 10.5 sumthin', FCPStudio 3, QT 7

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 26, 2010 at 7:44:24 pm

[Erik Mickelson] "I am the admin. I am the only one flying this pig. "

Then I would trash your Kona COntrol Panel Prefs, then uninstall your current drivers, and then reinstall. The CP works great here.

[Erik Mickelson] "I would like my system to be setup like this: when doing roughs, FCP plays back on the Desktop LCD monitor and have the Broadcast monitor as an extended desktop for viewing the script(saves a tree). It is just not possible to do this. The AJA drivers are bugged. "

It's working here. What kind of computer and graphics card do you have?

[Erik Mickelson] "Well, AJA toggles between 525 and 720 or 1080, whatever you don't want, the AJA will do."

What do you need? 625? Again, it's working here and works well.

I think you should take another look at what exactly it is you're doing.

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Feb 26, 2010 at 7:49:15 pm

There is no one doing anything wrong per say. The AJA drivers just need a fix is all.

I should add that I am on the latest drivers and all that jazz. I have been having problems withh ALL of my macs for the last few months. Corrupt projects, display issues, freezing crashing etc...People in the know, know that there are fixes coming our way...

MacPro Dual Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, ATI 4870, 6GB ram, 4TB SATA Raid that now works in SL, SLeopard 10.6.sumthin', FCPStudio 3, QT 7, Kone LHe

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 26, 2010 at 8:07:58 pm

[Erik Mickelson] "The AJA drivers just need a fix is all. "

I don't know. It works here. I'd trash your CP prefs, if that doesn't work, uninstall then reinstall the drivers.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Feb 27, 2010 at 3:03:44 am

AJA has confirmed the bug that the control panel switches back to 525. They say it is only with the Lhe which I have. I trashed the prefs a couple of times, then gave up and went back to 7.1.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]