FORUMS: list search recent posts

SR Deck Phantom TC Breaks on Digitize

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Ruiz
SR Deck Phantom TC Breaks on Digitize
on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:02:25 am

Hi All

Im digitizing from an HDCAM SR Deck and Im getting TC breaks where no TC breaks exist. I've checked the masters by scrolling the deck and they are solid Network HDCAM SR QC masters. It isn't dropped frames and the TC breaks are random 1 per 42 minute master

Im digitizing from HDCAM SR 23.98 to PRO RES 23.98.

any ideas would help...thanks We also posted on the FCP Forum with various suggestions .. Will The AJA GEN10 fix this on Capture?

MAC PRO 8 core 6 GB ram
Snow Leopard
FCP Studio 2
Kona 3
Graid 4T 800 firewire
HDCAM SRW 5500 Deck

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
Re: SR Deck Phantom TC Breaks on Digitize
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:04:41 pm

In an ideal world both the SR deck and your digitizing station should be locked to the same ref.

we use a Gen10 all 6 outs in use. all at 1080 23.98 Psf. The AES out is ref for the Lynx card in Scratch, all others are on the patch bay some normalled, others patchable to break black normal and insert tri level to decks and work stations
works well for us.

Hopefully all your drivers etc are up to date.
since the TC is coming via 422 line, and that info is dependent on the SR being servo locked, and the controlling station is doing the polling, the controlling station should be locked to the same ref as the VTR. whether or not this fixes your problem could involve a lot more digging, particularly the settings on the SR deck but ought to be done anyway

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

Michael Ruiz
Re: SR Deck Phantom TC Breaks on Digitize
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:16:13 pm

Thanks for the response ... Whats my first step ... Im a creative with some tech knowledge and I know my way around the SRW 5500 pretty well, but Im a bit lost when it comes to syncing refrence and such.

m i c h a e l

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]