720p workflow on 625i project

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Christie
720p workflow on 625i project
on Feb 10, 2010 at 9:42:33 pm

Hello all,

We have shot some slo-mo vision at 60fps on an Ex-3 at 720p

The project is primarily shot on DVC0Pro 50, and has been digitized through the Kona card into FCP Studio 3.

Im just wondering about opinions on workflow solutions for downconversion of this 720p vision into the 625i sequence.

The Kona does a fantastic job of downconversion, so currently I have edited all of the vision we need onto a 720p timeline and played out to DVC-Pro 50 (via SDI, downconverting on the way), then redigitized it in as DVC-Pro 50.

Does this seem like the best solution? or would it be more effective to transcode/downconvert using a software solution (eg: compressor,squeeze, etc)

Opinions please?

cheers

Jamie Christie
Production Supervisor
Southern Cross Television - Production
Australia

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 720p workflow on 625i project
on Feb 10, 2010 at 9:59:10 pm

[Jamie Christie] "
Im just wondering about opinions on workflow solutions for downconversion of this 720p vision into the 625i sequence."

Do you need it to be slomo? Then conform the 60 to 25 first, then simply place in to the DV50 timeline and render.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jamie Christie
on Feb 10, 2010 at 10:22:53 pm

Thanks Jeremy, yes slo-mo was the reason for shooting 60fps. When we brought it in and dropped onto 720p timeline it was at the right speed (ie: slo-mo)

Will dropping the 1280x720 vision onto a 625i timeline scale it to 720x576 though?

Jamie

Jamie Christie
Production Supervisor
Australia

Return to posts index

Jamie Christie
on Feb 11, 2010 at 7:58:51 pm

Thanks Jeremy, i got a chance to get in the suite yesterday afternoon and that method works perfectly.

Just wanted to make sure our workflow was correct

cheers

Jamie Christie
Production Supervisor
Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]