Available now at the support section of our website is huge new release for KONA, version 7.5!
New features include:
- KONA 3 now supports double speed transfer from supported VTRs, such as some HDCAM models
- KONA LHi desktop enabled (for standard version, NDD designed for no desktop display)
- Time lapse capture supported (ALL)
- VPID now part of SDI output, supporting some dual-link monitors (KONA 3)
- New 10-bit RGB video output for 1080i/PsF/P (KONA 3)
- KONA 3 now has Apple ProRes 4444 RGB support
- Support added for IMX30/IMX40 codecs (ALL)
- Support added for 720p23.98 (KONA LHi)
- KONA drivers now support multiple KONA cards in a Mac—see “Using Multiple AJA Products” presented in the Release Notes (ALL)
- AJA TV optionally supports playback in the background—see screen example presented in the Release Notes (ALL)
- AJA DataCalc adds support for new codecs (XDCAM, DNxHD, CineForm, REDCODE, Apple Intermediate, 16bit Uncompressed, and new 4K geometries)
New Fixes and Improvements include:
- Improved downconvert on input (KONA LHe)
- Improved A/V sync for non-Final Cut Pro QuickTime applications (ALL)
- Uninstaller operation improved (ALL)
- Improved timecode display in AJA TV to reflect non-29.97 framerates when the movie being played has no timecode (ALL)
- Improved detection of video input format on the HDMI input (KONA LHi)
- Improved operation with Harris Legalizer (ALL) Fix problems involving transfer of clips between Apple Color and Final Cut Pro (ALL)
This is a huge release with tons of significant new features, and is recommended for all KONA users. Version 7.5 is available immediately at the support section of our website, at: http://www.aja.com/support/index.php
Please ensure that you read the Release Notes that is included in the installer, as there is very important new configuration and operational information.
As always, we are here to assist you!
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US