FORUMS: list search recent posts

He video out freezes when playingback material that has an orange render bar

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
He video out freezes when playingback material that has an orange render bar
on Feb 1, 2010 at 2:18:47 am

This is a new issue I have discovered after upgrading the LHe drivers to the latest. I have downgraded and upgraded without much success, however I am have not spent a lot of time in this area as I have to edit my material. I used to be able to playback tons of footage with the orange render bar in FCP and while it would stutter and strobe and look like crap, I could get a decent preview. Now, after playing for a few seconds, the output will freeze while the window in FCP will keep playing. I have set everything on High and unlimited in terms of RT settings. My video output settings have not changed. This happens with multiclip and single clip footage - anything that has an orange render bar. Please help.

I have a quad g5 with 4 gig of ram and a multitude of external arrays capable of playing back what i need.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: He video out freezes when playingback material that has an orange render bar
on Feb 1, 2010 at 2:45:40 pm

Instead of high, choose dynamic. How fast are your scratch disks?

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
Re: He video out freezes when playingback material that has an orange render bar
on Feb 1, 2010 at 4:17:51 pm

Obviously you are not reading. Dynamic is not sufficient - only high is what I want - this worked before and NEEDS to work now. All of my scratch discs exceed 180mb/s

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2010 at 4:41:16 pm

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "Obviously you are not reading."

Yeah, just trying to help you out for free. Are you reading, at least between the lines?

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "this worked before and NEEDS to work now."

What kind of material are you playing back? What kind of timeline are you working in?

Have to trashed your waveform and thumbnail caches to let them rebuild and have you also trashed your OBJ and Profile caches to get a fresh speed profile?

And I think you mean 180MB/sec as opposed to 180mb/sec? Big difference, am I reading that correctly?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:47:02 pm

The speed correction would be accurate. I am working with DVCPro 50, DV, and DVCPro HD material all in their proper timelines. I have never been good at reading between the lines - I like things straight forward. I have trashed the FCP preferences in Library. Can you explain where these other ones are?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:50:22 pm

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "I am working with DVCPro 50, DV, and DVCPro HD material all in their proper timelines"

And do you change the easy setup when you change timelines?

What is causing the orange bar?

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "Can you explain where these other ones are?"

User > Library > Preferences > Final Cut Pro User Data

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:52:25 pm

I have deleted those as well. I change the easy setup EVERY TIME. Filters and resizing and composting and simple credits are causing the orange render bar.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2010 at 9:01:13 pm

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "Filters and resizing and composting and simple credits are causing the orange render bar."

OK, so you have filter(s), resizing/compositing and credits?

That's a lot to expect in real time. What format are the credits? ProRes 444 I hope? If you have a transfer mode, you can't expect much in rt. FCP is not a huge rt workhorse, especially when you start stacking stuff like you are.

I'd still set your sequence to dynamic rt.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:38:07 am

These are not going on all at once. These are just examples of what causes an orange render bar. My credits are done in boris right in FCP. Again, I have been able to get a credit-roll to work almost perfectly without ever having this issue.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:56:50 pm

Politeness goes a long way in the forums. Much better tone in this one.

If you have RT Unlimited set to Quality: High and Frame Rate: High, you are locking the process down. To playback orange footage you have to allow quality and frame to drop. WHich you said was happening in the first post. Most of the time it is best to leave both on on Dynamic but if you need to see quality at least frame rate needs to be al dynamic or if you need to see it smoother you do the opposite.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:39:49 am

I am quite insulted by all of these posts. All of these facts I know. I am not new to Final Cut pro nor do I believe I give the impression of such. I am familiar with the real-time settings and I know what I am talking about. There is no obvious mistake here. I am having the same thing happen on two G5 Quads and this is a real problem. Is there anyone that has a possible solution other than tinkering with settings that have already been touched by me and suggested and explained countless time by others.

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:50:51 am

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "I am quite insulted by all of these posts."

I think you've probably just shot yourself in the foot as regards further help around here...

-Stuart
7 MacPros - Kona 3, Kona LH & Kona LHi
1 G5 - Kona LH
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS3
http://www.speak.co.uk

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 2, 2010 at 2:16:54 pm

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "I am quite insulted by all of these posts. All of these facts I know. I am not new to Final Cut pro nor do I believe I give the impression of such."

Sorry Ian,
but I felt the questions either did not convey your level of expertise nor did they give a full idea of the issues at hand. You do not mention the Video format or Codec's you are working in, the software versions you are on, or some of the other pertinent info needed to answer your questions.

the is one simple mantra- if you think you are having a hardware issue, you need to tell us about the hardware and software to allow any one to assist.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:32:59 am

This is understandable and I appreciate you being honest. I am running 10.5.8 with FCP 6.0.6 on a PowerMac Quad. Let me know the other details I need to provide

Return to posts index

Bryan DiCerb
on Feb 2, 2010 at 10:22:17 pm

Wow.... The nerve. These people are trying to help you and based on what you've said and what they've responded, they are spot on.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:53:42 pm

so much for politeness.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:38:07 am

Maybe my comment was a tad over the top. It is not my insult, rather my extreme frustration with the situation.

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Feb 6, 2010 at 2:23:39 am

I have the same problem when I stack a few tracks - was better in DVCPRO 50 with IO LA, but now using DVCPRO HD and Kona Lhi. I find however that dynamic is essential and even if your Kona does get constipated your canvas will keep working. And, eventually, you gotta render.

Oh and your attitude needs some help too.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 7, 2010 at 4:43:13 am

I am happy to see that someone else is having the same problem. I have spoken to Aja and they are completely unaware of the issue or so they claim.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:48:04 pm

UPDATE: Aja was able to simulate this same issue even on a MacPro, albeit with more fx or filters added to the video. I have emailed their quality service regarding the issue as they believe it is not too much of an issue. I think this is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 10, 2010 at 8:58:32 pm

have you turned off your scopes yet?

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Feb 10, 2010 at 9:17:19 pm

I was not using them to begin with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]