FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Delay just started happening

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Uli Kunkel
Audio Delay just started happening
on Jan 31, 2010 at 9:40:36 pm

I have a Kona LHe connected via RGB Component and RCA audio cables to a 52" LCD monitor.

When I would play back from my timeline in FCP, the audio would be in sync coming out of the monitor speakers on my editing station and the speakers on the LCD monitor.

Now, all of a sudden, there is a 2-4 frame delay between the speakers. I don't know what changed or what I did. But now because of the delay it sounds like and echo.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Keep in mind, I have had this same setup for a long time now and this has never happened.

Uli

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
Re: Audio Delay just started happening
on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:49:27 pm

Which set of speakers has the delay -- from the LCD monitor, or coming out of the edit system? And how do you have the audio coming out of the edit system, XLR to a mixer to speakers? Straight XLR to speakers?

Naveen
contact@naveenmedia.com
http://www.naveenmedia.com

Return to posts index

Uli Kunkel
on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:59:42 pm

The audio is actually delayed on the edit system oddly enough.

The speakers are both connected via a splitter to the RCA monitor jacks on the Kona Breakout box.

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:42:30 pm

So just to clarify...

If you play the timeline:
The audio and video in the JVC monitor are in sync.
The video on the desktop monitor is in sync with the JVC external monitor.
The audio coming out of your speakers connected to the BOB is out of sync.

Correct?

Obvious question: did you quit FCP and restart your system?

Naveen
contact@naveenmedia.com

Return to posts index

Uli Kunkel
on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:55:53 pm

Yes, I restarted the computer, and I even tried it in a different user with the same problem.

When I play in the timeline, the picture on the client monitor is in sync with the audio. When I mute the client monitor and turn up the editing speakers, the sound on the computer screen is slightly out of sync. When both speakers are turned up, they sound echoed because the sound seems to be getting to one of the sets of speakers before the other.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
on Feb 2, 2010 at 12:21:54 am

Yes! But sorry to ask for confirmation...is the picture on the computer monitor then out of sync with the audio. That is, the editing system is playing out of sync (forget the external monitor).

If that is the case, have you tried using the multi-cable instead of the BOB as a test? Or using the RCA straight into a speaker (without splitter)?

If the client monitor is in sync with the computer monitor, then I would think the edit system itself is ok, and the problem lies with the hardware going to the speakers, whether that is BOB or cables.

Naveen
contact@naveenmedia.com

Return to posts index

Jordan Woods
on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:06:57 am

Uli Kunkel, the video artist from Autobahn?

Return to posts index

Kenyon Blower
on Feb 7, 2010 at 2:27:51 pm

Do you have any blank parts in the video tracks your timeline? As an example, after bars and slate, some people leave a blank 5 sec instead of filling with a slug. I have found on FCP 3, the audio will drift if you do this and lip sync will be off on the KONA Output only, monitoring thru the computer would be in sync.

Kenyon Blower
Vide-Post / San Diego
Dual 2.5 G5
3 Gig Ram
Medea 2TB Fibre Raid
Medea 640 gig SCSI
FCP 6.03
KONA LH

Return to posts index

Jason Boucher
on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:53:49 am