FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 50p sony sr

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith mottram
1080 50p sony sr
on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:07:22 pm

Hi,

posted this in the FCP forum bad had no response so thought I'd see if I'd have better luck here...

Editing a commercials next week that is going to be shot on D21s to Sony SR @ 1080 50p to allow for slow motion on some shots. there is going to be a lot of footage and all of it is going to be shot at 50p even though most of the commercial will run at normal speed (ie 25fps). In the past I have cloned all 50p to 25p with two sr decks and then taken it in seperately, but this has been when production has been shooting everything at 25p with the odd shot on a seperate 50p tape. The project will probably be conformed on a nucoda. I have either a kona 3 machine or lhe machine to work on and cannot remember whether i can digitise directly at 1080 50p on the kona 3 (am sure max is 720 50p on lhe???). Is the best thing to do (assuming i can only capture at 720) digitise everything at 720 50p then chuck all the footage through cinema tools so that I have one set at 25 fps and one at 50 (running at 25fps)??

Not sure how much testing time I am going to have prior to shoot so any help or equipment recomendations apreciated...

Keith

Return to posts index

Tom Tomlinson
Re: 1080 50p sony sr
on Jan 31, 2010 at 6:56:17 pm

Keith,
A month or so ago, I was able to digitize 1080P59 with my Kona3 card. So your 50p should work as well.

Re: your comment--
In the past I have cloned all 50p to 25p with two sr decks and then taken it in seperately, but this has been when production has been shooting everything at 25p with the odd shot on a seperate 50p tape.

Are you just slowing the tapes down to a common frame rate (25)?
I would think the best thing to do would be to master the spot @ 50fps if it was all shot that.Theres no need to work @ 720P.
Then when done, make a broadcast version where you make an interlaced version.

TomT
NYC

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: 1080 50p sony sr
on Feb 1, 2010 at 2:00:33 am

[keith mottram] "cannot remember whether i can digitise directly at 1080 50p on the kona 3 (am sure max is 720 50p on lhe???)"

Yes Keith, the Kona 3 supports 1080 50p, this are not in the base install, you will need to re-run the installer and install ALL of the options, also please make sure to note that this is a DUAL LINK connection from the D21(Aja does not directly support the T LInk fibre connection on the d21) to the Kona 3 card to achieve 50p / 60p in 1080.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]