FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downconvert from 1080i to 720-480 16x9

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Madeleine Nis
Downconvert from 1080i to 720-480 16x9
on Jan 27, 2010 at 6:35:25 pm

I am using FCP 6.06 and trying to down convert a 1080i sequence which I captured from DVCPro HD to a standard def 16x9. I set the Kona card for the down conversion, but when I try to Edit to tape, I get the message that my sequence settings do not match my output settings. Currently I am down converting in Final Cut, but I know the quality will not be as good and it is taking a very long time. Anyone run into this before and is there something I am missing, or a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Downconvert from 1080i to 720-480 16x9
on Jan 27, 2010 at 8:35:31 pm

#18 Edit to Tape "Incompatible Compression Settings"

Shane's Stock Answer #18: Edit to Tape gives the error "Incompatible Compression Settings"

To Edit to Tape simply drag it from the BROWSER onto the Edit to Tape window and choose Assemble Edit or Insert Edit.

Ttape needs to be black and coded and have TC already on it. This can be done in the Edit to Tape window as well. Make sure you are in Mastering Mode, and click on the black film strip, and choose CURRENT SETTINGS.

Before you lay back to tape, you’ll need to mark and IN point in the ETT window as well as on your timeline. Say at 59:30:00…so at 59:30:00 your timeline will start and it will begin recording onto the tape at 59:30:00.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Downconvert from 1080i to 720-480 16x9
on Jan 27, 2010 at 8:36:20 pm

You should leave FCP set at the HD resolution and frame rate and have the KONA control panel set to do the downconvert. Go back to your easy setup for 1080i DVCProHD in FCP. Then open the KONA control panel and under 'format' tab, set it like this:

you should then be able to edit to an SD tape as 480i letterbox.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]