FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHI - Photo-Jpeg/ FCP 6.06 filcker

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Case
LHI - Photo-Jpeg/ FCP 6.06 filcker
on Jan 26, 2010 at 7:05:34 pm

Hello,

I've recently installed AJA LHI's on a few machines in my shop to accommodate Apple Photo Jpeg encoded files which we have been given to edit. We're having a really strange problem where sometimes, not all the the time, not even always repeatable, but sometimes, where the footage will flicker both on the preview canvas as well as the output monitor. FCP is at 6.06, and the latest AJA drivers/software is installed, and I cannot for the life of me hunt down the core of this issue. The only workaround seems to be to click out to an empty part of the Mac desktop, and then back into FCP, and the problem corrects itself.

Has anyone ever seen this before, or can help me isolate what may be causing it? It's happening on Leopard 10.5.8 machines, both Intel and G5.

Thanks,

Christian

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: LHI - Photo-Jpeg/ FCP 6.06 filcker
on Jan 26, 2010 at 7:12:20 pm

Why not transcode the files to something a bit more FCP friendly?

Return to posts index

Christian Case
on Jan 26, 2010 at 7:23:27 pm

I wish I could - but it's a project we're getting massive amounts of Dailies in, well, on a daily basis, and the turnaround times don't allow for any type of format conversion. We're also the vendor in this scenario, and we have to take possession of the files in the format the studio is providing, as, invariably "all the other shops can work in this format."

So far Apple thinks this is an AJA problem, and AJA thinks its an Apple problem, and I'm left in the middle hoping to find a solution.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:54:20 pm

PhotoJPEG can be 420 422 or 444, any idea at what quality they have set it? It's always 8bit.

I would work in a different timeline codec and deal with the renders. FCP does not like PhotoJPEG too much. IT's ok and will work, but it's not rt certified.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]