FORUMS: list search recent posts

Varicam workflow w/ Kona 3 FCP (kona 720P 29.7 capture preset does not exist )

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gevorg Sarkisian
Varicam workflow w/ Kona 3 FCP (kona 720P 29.7 capture preset does not exist )
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:38:33 am

Hi! I have shot a project using Panasonic Varicam HDC27F camera. I have shot the footage at 60fps.

I heard there is a Panasonic frame rate converter plug-in for FCP7 when I am clicking on the convertor in tools menu nothing is happening.

I am having trouble capturing the footage using my FCP 7 and KONA 3 card. I can not find any kona 3 29.7 capture presets

Can you please let me know what is the correct work flow so I can capture the footage using SDI in on kona 3 and see the footage in slow motion.

Thanks

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Varicam workflow w/ Kona 3 FCP (kona 720P 29.7 capture preset does not exist )
on Jan 22, 2010 at 2:43:07 pm

[Gevorg Sarkisian] "I heard there is a Panasonic frame rate converter plug-in for FCP7 when I am clicking on the convertor in tools menu nothing is happening."

The footage needs to be captured as DVCPROHD for the plugin to work.

"I am having trouble capturing the footage using my FCP 7 and KONA 3 card. I can not find any kona 3 29.7 capture presets "

correct. it is a seldom used frame rate in 720, you can create your own by copying the AJA Kona 720p23.98 VFR setting and adjust the frame rate to be 29.97.

you need to use the VFR setting version as the Master so the Kona Card understands that it is supposed to extract the dupe frame correctly from the tape during ingest.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]