FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHi with HDMI 24p to Bravia

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Hansen
LHi with HDMI 24p to Bravia
on Jan 20, 2010 at 12:11:35 am

we have one edit suite with a Kona LHi, which is feeding HDMI to a 50" Sony Bravia. for the past few weeks we had the output set to 29.97i since that's what our timeline was. now we're working on a project that is 23.98psf. it took me awhile to figure out that HDMI does not support psf, but supports P. so we have the output on the LHi set to 23.98p instead of psf and the monitor receives and plays the video.

for about 30 minutes. then the Bravia shows an error that says "Unsupported video format. Please check your device output". powering the TV off and on doesnt do anything. the only trick that works is unplugging the HDMI cable from the Kona card and plugging it back in. we have another monitor connected via HD-SDI and it works fine during this whole time. its a 27" NEC with a BMD HDLink.

the cable is 2 HDMI cables (one 6 ft long, the other is the 4 foot cable that came with the Kona) with a coupler in between. the 6 ft cable is running through the wall, and then it hits the coupler where it comes out of the wall before going to the computer. as far as i know, all these parts are 1.3a compliant.

we want to keep the output set to 23.98 because the editors have complained about the image on the NEC monitor being jittery when set to 60i.

any thoughts?

thanks

e

Eric Hansen - The Audio Visual Plumber - http://www.avplumber.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]