FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is my best AJA option?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
What is my best AJA option?
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:30:39 am

Hey Guys

I am just a few days away from buying an editing suite.

I have already bought a Panasonic HVX-200A. So that means most of my work will come from p2 cards and mini DV tapes. My work requirements are:

Capture from Mini DV tapes, DVDs & P2 cards and output on it on Betcam Tapes. All the work is for broadcast.

Before I had bought the camera i was thinking of buying IO HD but now i guess with P2 footage IO HD would be useless.The sales rep is advising me to go for either IO express or LHI.

I am leaning more towards Kona LHI. Any other suggestions?

Sohrab

The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: What is my best AJA option?
on Jan 19, 2010 at 6:28:04 pm

Well, the IO Express was designed for simple IO, and it also does DOWNCONVERSION of HD to SD. It connects via SDI and Component, and HDMI. Very simple. Whereas the Kona LHi will do up/down and cross conversion. So depends on what you forsee needing in the future. Do you forsee needing to add some SD footage to an HD project you shot? If so, the upconvert option is pretty nice to have. If not, then the IO Express suits your needs.

You can also look at the MXO2 mini as an option...by Matrox.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:59:25 pm

Hi Shane!

I don't think i will be going from SD to HD. However i want to have the option of upconverting from 720p to 1080. Also option of downconverting from HD to SD would be required.

Another thing i noticed on IO express is that it does not have any 'component in' option. I guess if i want to capture MiniDV footage uncompressed then i need 'component in' option. Right?

I am a little familiar with AJA. Thats why don't want to move something else.

Sohrab

The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 19, 2010 at 11:05:42 pm

[Sohrab Sandhu] "However i want to have the option of upconverting from 720p to 1080. Also option of downconverting from HD to SD would be required. "

Then the LHi would be your best bet.

[Sohrab Sandhu] "Another thing i noticed on IO express is that it does not have any 'component in' option"

Correct, that it does not. Again, LHi wins.

And the MXO2 mini has component ins and outs...but no SDI. And it does up/down/cross. But no SDI.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]