FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick Firewire DV Layback of 23.98 HDCAM SR Sequence?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tyler Granlund
Quick Firewire DV Layback of 23.98 HDCAM SR Sequence?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:55:32 pm

Thanks in advance for any help-

A client Ive been working with who needs uncompressed or sometimes prores 444 HDCAM SR deliveries, also wants to have a DVCAM of each project to pass around the office for viewing and what not. They really want the DVCAM.

All I have is a Kona 3, the SRW 5500 and some crap HDV/DVCAM deck with firewire or composite in.

Kona 3 has no analog outs, HDCAM Deck has no analog outs, and the HDV deck has only analog composite in as well as firewire.

Can anyone think of a way to get my 23.98 Uncompressed HD sequence onto a 29.97 firewire source without sending it through compressor and waiting forever?

And yes Im aware of a million other ways to watch this thing in the office, but they want it this way, that's not the issue, the issue is quickly getting it onto this dvcam tape.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Quick Firewire DV Layback of 23.98 HDCAM SR Sequence?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:58:48 pm

Since FCP6, FCP has been able to force dv25 down the firewire pipe. Your mileage may vary.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jan 14, 2010 at 2:11:14 am

[tyler Granlund] "Kona 3 has no analog outs"

Yes it does! It has an analog YCbCr/RGB output. I think you can send a composite signal down the Y/G cable. And if you have the breakout box, it has stereo audio over RCA plugs.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 14, 2010 at 2:16:30 am

[tyler Granlund] "Kona 3 has no analog outs"

Kona 3 has Analog Component / Composite output. If you have the K3-Box you also have RCA Analog output.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 14, 2010 at 2:29:17 am

[walter biscardi] "Kona 3 has Analog Component / Composite output."

To add to that, you can also do S-Video if you have a y/c to s-video adaptor.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:05:17 pm

[tyler Granlund] "HDCAM Deck has no analog outs"

what everybody else said about the KONA 3, *plus* the HDCAM SRW-5500 does have composite video output and analog audio outputs...

Return to posts index

tyler Granlund
on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:12:31 pm

Thanks a lot, I had completely forgotten about the ability to run the composite signal over the component out, appreciate the input.

Mark, it seems you're familiar with the deck. For this situation, how would I go about laying off the 29.97 SD from the 5500? This would be tremendously helpful. Im somewhat new to this deck, a quick walkthrough would be awesome.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:12:50 am

[tyler Granlund] "how would I go about laying off the 29.97 SD from the 5500?"

Right. In order for your 23.976sf tape to play out as 29.97fps SD in the 5500, you need to make sure you have the Format Converter option board installed in the deck. Sorry for neglecting that info before. The FC board allows the SRW to add the correct 2:3 pulldown and achieve correct interlacing on output for both crossconversion and downconversion.

Assuming you have the FC board installed, you just need to enable the correct format conversion in the system settings.

SFT+DIAG
SFT+Maint Check
Others Check
System Menu

There you will see the full panel for video output and conversion. Set the system playback to 1080, Psf, 23.976 - then set FC to 422 1080 59.94i. Hit SFT+F9 (EXEC) and the machine reboots, ready to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]