FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHi issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan luke
Kona LHi issues
on Jan 12, 2010 at 6:05:12 am

I have a new mac 8 core running snow leopard and FCS 3. Several problems with my Kona LHi card.

1) 1080i sequences won't playback in sync. If i change the output settings to 720p 59.94 they playback but the video resolution isn't the same, very noticeable on fine detailed patterns.

2) If i playback a sequence with a hole in the video track that is longer than 2 seconds, sync is totally lost. I had a Kona 2 before this and never had this problem so I'm assuming it's a problem.

3) Today had to contend with lots of moves on stills that stuttered terribly, again this is using same procedures as in the past but without success.

I've e-mailed my dealer and aja support, just thought I'd see if anyone is experiencing or has experienced these kinds of issues.
-dan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona LHi issues
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:32:51 pm

[dan luke] "1) 1080i sequences won't playback in sync."

First, what PCI slot is your card in and do you have any other PCI cards in the machine? Also, how are you monitoring your a/v?

[dan luke] "2) If i playback a sequence with a hole in the video track that is longer than 2 seconds, sync is totally lost. I had a Kona 2 before this and never had this problem so I'm assuming it's a problem."

See number 1, and what kind of scratch drives do you have and what codec?

[dan luke] "3) Today had to contend with lots of moves on stills that stuttered terribly, again this is using same procedures as in the past but without success."

This leaves me to believe that something else is going on besides the Kona, and see number 1.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Jan 12, 2010 at 5:25:51 pm

Kona card is in slot 2 I have a matrox hd compress card in slot 3 and fibre raid card in 4. I monitor the video out of the kona sdi to the panasonic monitor and the audio through the analog outs of the kona into a mackie mixer

I've had the problem using both dvcprohd and xdcam codecs I'm using the internal drives for scratch disks, 3 1 terabyte stripped together and my xserve raid.

stuttering stills was another issue(boris fx) that i hope is solved

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 12, 2010 at 5:40:31 pm

OK, you are going to want to put your fibre card in slot 2, the Kona in slot 3, and I am not sure, but your Matrox card might be conflicting, so pull that out completely.

Restart the machine and see if things are working.

If they are, try adding in the Matrox card and see if everything works, if it does, awesome, if not then you know the problem.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jan 13, 2010 at 1:05:35 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "I am not sure, but your Matrox card might be conflicting, so pull that out completely."

I have had this issue in Snow when the driver and firmware for the Compress HD card had not been updated correctly.

I would make sure that both the LHI and the Compress card are running the most current firmware and drivers to be completely compatible.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]