FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA RGB out

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Kasey
AJA RGB out
on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:41:28 pm

I recently upgraded my system and am now running FCP studio 2 on a G5 (2 2.93GHz Quad-Core, 16 GB RAM OSX 10.6.2) and have a KONA 3 installed. Everything seems to be working fine, I have SDI out to a HDMI converter going to my desk monitor, but I also have a plasma client monitor I want to run picture to. The HDMI works great into both monitors, but I only have the one converter so I was going to run the RGB as well to get picture on both. However, the RGB out connections give me the same unfortunate result on both monitors. The colors are completely off, giving it a washed out red look, and color bars are all out of whack, lots of pinks and purples. I've triple and quadruple checked my wiring, making sure i haven't accidentely swapped a wire. And I've tried using both the break out cables out of the KONA card and the KONA break out box, and i get the exact same result with both. Has anyone seen this? Is there a setting or calibration I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA RGB out
on Dec 30, 2009 at 7:41:52 pm

[Matthew Kasey] "However, the RGB out connections give me the same unfortunate result on both monitors. The colors are completely off, giving it a washed out red look, and color bars are all out of whack, lots of pinks and purples. I've triple and quadruple checked my wiring, making sure i haven't accidentely swapped a wire."

Sounds like you have a bad wire somewhere. Make sure you are set to SMPTE component out of your analog output on the Kona control panel. DO you have a break out box or just the snake?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 31, 2009 at 12:35:51 am

your SUBJECT description identifies your problem. There is no such thing as RGB in our world. It's Y Pb Pr Beta component. Your monitor with the red green and blue jacks is not RGB, its Y Pb Pr. Switch the AJA Control Panel in the analog out menu to Beta Component Y Pb Pr, and not RGB, and your problem will be gone.

Forget the words RGB - it's 2010.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Matthew Kasey
on Jan 4, 2010 at 5:31:55 pm

Yes, switching to the "Beta" setting worked. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]