FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHi cards displaying no preview in AJA VTR Exchange

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan Koehler
AJA Kona LHi cards displaying no preview in AJA VTR Exchange
on Dec 18, 2009 at 8:32:14 am

Hi, I am brand new to this community @ creativecow.net.

First of all I'm running a ingest/playout system based off 4 Apple xServes with AJA Kona LHi cards installed. They ingest to a 4 node Isilon cluster.

I mainly use AJA Tv as a playout on one, and record on the other 3. The one recorded is also set to record if necessary and not playing out. AJA VTR Exchange records well. I am feeding LTC, AES audio, and HD SDI in. Recordings have produced what I want, however prior to recording, there is no active audio preview or video preview. If I navigate on the finder bar to Capture Settings > Audio Settings the levels are froze at whatever position they were at when i opened the window. If I navigate to Capture Settings > Video Settings I do get a video preview. Once in AJA VTR Exchange's window prior to capture, LTC is not live, as well as video is black. During recording the video is perfect, and records fine.

Second issue, when I open a video recording post AJA VTR Exchange recording, with AJA Tv, it says they are 1280x1080 resolution, however I am recording at 1080i29.95 and they DO play back to our ross switcher at 1080i. The play out is spot on. Yet the AJA Tv window has the incorrect resolution (in the inspector command+j) and it remains 3:4 aspect ration; only in the AJA gui.

I have reinstalled the AJA Control Panel, AJA VTR Exchange, AJA Tv, recopied the Quicktime components, and the components appear correct in AJA Control Panel's info tab.

Any suggestions or experiences with these issues?

Thanks! -Ethan Koehler

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA Kona LHi cards displaying no preview in AJA VTR Exchange
on Dec 18, 2009 at 5:29:11 pm

[Ethan Koehler] "Recordings have produced what I want, however prior to recording, there is no active audio preview or video preview."

Have you had both VTR Exchange and FCPs Log and Capture open at the same time? This has been reported on this forum to cause some preferences corruption. Try trashing your QT and QT plugin prefs and see if it fixes it.

[Ethan Koehler] "Second issue, when I open a video recording post AJA VTR Exchange recording, with AJA Tv, it says they are 1280x1080 resolution, however I am recording at 1080i29.95 and they DO play back to our ross switcher at 1080i."

Are you recording DVCPro HD?

Return to posts index

Ethan Koehler
Re: AJA Kona LHi cards displaying no preview in AJA VTR Exchange
on Dec 20, 2009 at 6:16:35 am

yes, i am recording in DVCPro HD.

also i tried trashing the qt and qt plugin prefs on all 4 machines, to no avail.

aja's site seems to be down but i would like to try a firmware update. any other suggestions or trails i could try would be awesome. i've uninstalled all the aja software and re downloaded it, hasn't changed anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]