FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Kona3 audio out of sync

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andre delena
FCP7 Kona3 audio out of sync
on Dec 16, 2009 at 8:38:37 pm

Just installed Snow Leopard and the FCP7 upgrade on a 4 core MacPro with 4GB RAM and a Kona3 (7.1 drivers.) Everything I digitize is out of sync by 15-20 frames? That is, the audio leads the video by that much. My frame offset is set to 0 in System Settings. I'm not sure what else to check? I've linked to some media from a FCP 6.0.5 project and the clips play fine. I've opened old projects and the media plays fine. It's just the clips digitized since the upgrades. When I play these clips in the QT player they are out of sync as well. Anyone run into the same issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, FCP7 on Snow Leopard seems very sluggish and a bit quirky. I may recommend we go back to our old drive for the next little while??

Andre D'Elena

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: FCP7 Kona3 audio out of sync
on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:30:08 pm

[andre delena] "Just installed Snow Leopard and the FCP7 upgrade on a 4 core MacPro with 4GB RAM and a Kona3 (7.1 drivers.) Everything I digitize is out of sync by 15-20 frames?"

you did not update the firmware on the card

you should find a file called Kona Updater in the Aja Utilities folder.

Updating the driver does not update the hardware, that needs to be done separately.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

andre delena
on Dec 17, 2009 at 12:21:27 am

Gary,

You're a saint. That worked like a charm for the audio sync problem. I have a few other issues to work out though. My Easy Setups seem a bit wonky and my audio monitoring is still not straight?? You'll be hearing from me again soon to be sure.

Thanks again,
Andre

Return to posts index

andre delena
on Dec 22, 2009 at 10:08:56 pm

I'm back. The problem has creeped back in again.

I've been on the phone with AJA as well as Apple Care. I've been able to capture footage, in-sync, with AJAs VTRXChange. My drivers and firmware are up to date. So, AJA says it's a FCP issue.

Apple Care stepped me through creating a new user, log on as that user and still have problems. Trashed preferences and Cache files, boot in safe mode to get rid of them, re-boot and we still have the same problems?

Additionally I've tried capturing AES audio instead of embedded, no luck. Also, it doesn't seem to matter wether it's SD or HD?

On top of all that, my old boot drive (and old install of FCP) aren't working. I can boot off the drive but FCP freezes up if I try to open Log&Tranfer?? WTF!?

Any thoughts. My next move is a clean install of the OS and FCP, tommorrow perhaps?

Return to posts index

andre delena
on Dec 23, 2009 at 6:11:39 pm

After a clean install of both the OS and FCP7 upgrade I'm still having the same problems. I was able to get the old intall of FCP6.0.5 on my 10.4.11 boot drive to work after downgrading to the 32bit drivers in AJA utilities. Perhaps we'll upgrade later next year, after Snow Leopard gets worked out a bit more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]