FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying VTR HVR-1500 will it work with KONA LHi?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Choo
Buying VTR HVR-1500 will it work with KONA LHi?
on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:21:03 pm

Hi all, i just bought the KONA LHi and installed it in my mac pro only to find out my current VTR has no 422 serial connection so there is no way i can get the time code with just the HDMI connection. So i am looking at the HVR-1500, NOT the HVR-1500A.

My question is will this work with the Kona card? will i be able to get video, audio and time code control?

I was looking at the breakout cable that came with the card, there seems to be only one BNC cable, and six component BNCs. I assume i connect that one BNC to the HD SDI out on the HVR-1500? as well as the 9 pin serial. Is it as simple as that?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Buying VTR HVR-1500 will it work with KONA LHi?
on Dec 9, 2009 at 1:20:40 am

Use firewire as deck control. SDI out for video and embedded audio, then firewire as deck control. YOu can change this in the AV settings, or in the CAPTURE window.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 9, 2009 at 2:01:02 am

Nick -
you are confused. The HVR1500 has RS422 control and HD-SDI outputs (but no HD-SDI input). The HVR-1500A adds the HD-SDI input (and yes, this VTR also has RS422 control.).

The VTR's in the HDV line that do not offer RS422 control are ALL the others - HVR-M10, M15, M25U, 35

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Nick Choo
on Dec 9, 2009 at 2:35:33 am

hi Bob, thanks for the reply. I guess my question is will the HVR-1500 suffice? can i plug a BNC from the VTR's HD SDI out to the SDI in on the Kona card, then attach the 244 controller and will i be able to get video, embedded audio + time code?

thanks for the insight!

Return to posts index

Nick Choo
on Dec 9, 2009 at 4:17:20 am

Sorry i meant 422 controller (typo)

Basically i just need to capture prores 422, as long as i can do that then that is all i need. I do not need to record back to tape or anything else.

So HVR-1500, Kona LHi card, BNC SDI cable. Will this work?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 9, 2009 at 4:56:51 am

It can...but we had nothing but issues with that deck. The HVR-M10U with a Convergent Design box proves MUCH more stable. Even that box with a CD box proved...better. But for such a high end deck, it sucks.

http://lfhd.net/2009/03/18/in-hdv-hell/

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:51:54 am

the answer to your question is YES. The HVR-1500 (not the A) will output HD-SDI with embedded audio, and allow you to control the VTR with RS422 control.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Nick Choo
on Dec 10, 2009 at 4:02:03 am

Thank you very much for the insights!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]