FORUMS: list search recent posts

living on the edge

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Chartrand
living on the edge
on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:07:00 pm

Problem. Log & Capture to ProRes giving me grey screen freezes. SnowLeopard, FCP 6.06, Kona LHe-Driver 7.1, MAcProQuadCore 10.6.2-11GB RAM Capturing from PVW2800 BetaSP. Only will work in DV50 right now, freezes when switched to ProRes422. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: living on the edge
on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:33:19 pm

Most likely is that your drive system is too slow. This is a common problem. Do a search in the FCP forum for more information.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
on Dec 8, 2009 at 3:58:30 pm

Hi Thanks for the response, but I don't think so. Running an HDPro from CalDigit and having no issues at all with HD through Log & Transfer. ONLY happens when doing a Log & Capture from my beta deck and when I select ProRes422 as the digitizing codec. DV50 works fine. Is there an incompatibility with the New ProRes codecs and FCP 6.06?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 8, 2009 at 5:07:55 pm

[Tom Chartrand] "Is there an incompatibility with the New ProRes codecs and FCP 6.06?"

You shouldn't have the new ProRes codecs if you are on FCP 6.06. The new codecs are in FCP7.

DId you uninstall the drivers using the AJA uninstall utility and reinstall the drivers?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
on Dec 8, 2009 at 5:26:44 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the insight. I didn't un-install, but got this response back from AJA support (quickly, i might add) and it seems to be working again:

"Sounds like corrupt QT plugin prefs. Go to Users > Library > Preferences > trash Quicktime Preferences and com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist

With reference to our driver's influence on this issue, it does not appear to be connected. The Pro Res codec stability is all FCP/Apple. We simply point to it from within our presets."

Thanks to all who viewed and hope this helps someone else.

Tom

Shoreline Digital Prod.
P2 Consultant | Shooter | Editor

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
Didn't fix...
on Dec 9, 2009 at 3:22:03 am

Ok, not sure what's going on now. 8 Hours ago I was able to capture, and now it crashes again. a little lost here.

Shoreline Digital Productions
P2 Consultant | Videographer | Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Didn't fix...
on Dec 9, 2009 at 3:37:02 pm

Please uninstall the drivers with the utility, then reinstall your drivers.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
on Dec 12, 2009 at 3:10:57 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks! Ran the utility and I'm finding myself in a startup loop. Any thoughts?

Tom

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 12, 2009 at 3:41:01 pm

So you ran the uninstaller and now your computer won't start up? Sorry, don't know what a start up loop is.

How old is your macpro? Is it pre 2008?

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
on Dec 13, 2009 at 3:55:28 pm

This is so crazy! The un-install utility seemed to work. It's boots fine without my CalDigit HDPro, sees the prores codec and doesn't crash. Wanted to test it with the HDPro and now I cant even get to the Apple on bootup. Have had intermittent issues over the last two months but always up & running after a couple of tries.

I'm flummoxed!

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
Re: Didn't fix...UPDATE
on Dec 13, 2009 at 4:32:31 pm

Looking like it mght be an HDPro thing. Got it to log & Capture to internal drives, but finally when I unplugged external FW drives via FW expansion card and started up OK with HD Pro.....went to L&C and grey screen freeze again. I'll be calling CalDigit tomorrow

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Didn't fix...UPDATE
on Dec 13, 2009 at 6:38:28 pm

What is the vintage if your MacPro?

What slots are your cards in?

If it's an older macpro, you might have the wrong card position and haven't run the expansion slot utility.

Return to posts index

Tom Chartrand
Fixed...UPDATE 12/28!
on Dec 28, 2009 at 5:03:22 pm

Finally got to the bottom of this! It was a bad controller card in the HDPro. Had swapped the Kona card and the CalDigit RAID card and we were running at only 1x. Swapped RAID card, Cables, same result. They shipped me a new controller card for the HDPro and poof! Boot up issue gone and I can now capture ProRes422. So it must look at the lane speed and throw a panic if it's not 4x, but for ProRes only.

Well, Back up and running thought I'd post a conclusion here. And Shane! awe, nevermind..... ;-)

Tom

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 9, 2009 at 6:02:58 pm

I'm tellin' ya, it's SNOW LEOPARD. Still don't know why you are running that OS.

(lol)

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]