FORUMS: list search recent posts

DOWNCONVERT to SD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Lombardo
DOWNCONVERT to SD
on Dec 6, 2009 at 4:59:36 pm

Hi everybody, what is the cheapest model of AJA to monitor on a SD CRT my FINAL CUT & COLOR projects (they are 1080 or 2K ProRes4444)???

Thanks a lot

Michele

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: DOWNCONVERT to SD
on Dec 6, 2009 at 5:08:51 pm

Is the LHe cheaper than the LHi? If so, that's the cheapest one.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Dec 6, 2009 at 6:42:24 pm

[Michele Lombardo] "Hi everybody, what is the cheapest model of AJA to monitor on a SD CRT my FINAL CUT & COLOR projects (they are 1080 or 2K ProRes4444)???"

If you don't have a proper monitor, you're really not saving much money in the long run. I say this because you won't be able to see all the fine details that you often need to see to find problems, nor are you viewing your color grading in the same color space that you're actually working in.

You should consider renting a 1080 monitor for this job, or maybe you can rent a room that has the proper setup.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Dec 6, 2009 at 9:55:06 pm

[Michele Lombardo] "Hi everybody, what is the cheapest model of AJA to monitor on a SD CRT my FINAL CUT & COLOR projects (they are 1080 or 2K ProRes4444)???
"

OK Lets be very clear here you said 2K at 2048pixels and variants x1080, x1152, x1566 -

working at that frame size eliminates all but the Kona 3 card, since that is the only card that AJA makes that supports the various 2K sizes in realtime.

If you are only talking about 1920x1080 output- then the lowest cost option for viewing would be the IoExpress for about $1000 USD, followed by the LHE,LHI and the lastly the highend Kona 3 card.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Michele Lombardo
on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:57:35 am

Thanks Gary... very very very clear and helpfull!!!!

Michele Lombardo
italian filmaker
RED CAMERA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]