FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHe Playback ProRes 1080P

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Klaas Byl
AJA Kona LHe Playback ProRes 1080P
on Dec 3, 2009 at 9:51:22 am

Hello,

i have a problem playing back my ProRes422(HQ) Quicktime trough the Kona LHe(+breakout-box). It's a 1920x1080 24p sequence which i want to screen via composite output on my monitor. My Monitor only accepts up to 720P. Am I able to downconvert to SD for preview on my monitor? Final Cut Pro only gives me 1 frame, each time I stop playback.
Is there a list including the formats a aja-kona LHe can playback. In a few weeks we're going to use SDI. I hope these problems only occur only while playing back through composite out.

My Systems Specs:
Mac Pro 8-Core 3Ghz, 6GB Ram
AJA Kona LHe(+breakout-box)

Software:
Final Cut Pro 6.0.6
AJA Control 6.0

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Klaas

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AJA Kona LHe Playback ProRes 1080P
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:42:11 pm

[Klaas Byl] "m I able to downconvert to SD for preview on my monitor? "

Yes...you can downconvert to 525i for playback and output. You do this in the AJA CONTROL PANEL by choosing 525i as your secondary output.

[Klaas Byl] "I hope these problems only occur only while playing back through composite out. "

Well, Composite out is SD only, so you need to downconvert that to SD if you want to view it. SDI and Component out are HD, so when you get an HD monitor you can connect to the LHe this way and there will be no issues.

The compatibility list of what formats are viewable are in the VIEW>VIDEO PLAYBACK menu. The list is quite long.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Klaas Byl
on Dec 4, 2009 at 11:53:23 am

Yes...you can downconvert to 525i for playback and output. You do this in the AJA CONTROL PANEL by choosing 525i as your secondary output

it's a bit strange because STP allows me to playback ProRes 1080P, the same Quicktime.
Final Cut pro dows another strange thing.
My Quicktime is 2,35 so it's 1920x820 or something like that.
When dropping into my 1080p timeline, FCP asks me to adjust the timeline to the same dimensions of the quicktime file. If I do so, he'll play back via AJA composite to my monitor but only 1/4 of my native videofile.
The FCP Playback in Canvas is also wrong. And i want to put my quicktime into 1920x1080 timeline to letterbox them all into this dimension.
it's quite confusing and difficult to describe so please let me know if you need any further details.

And thanks Shane i already enabled 625i(PAL for Germany) for playback on analog out primary and secondary!
I'm so confused after testing this all. including syncing our 5.1 playback.

Best regards,
Klaas

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Dec 4, 2009 at 3:58:47 pm

[Klaas Byl] "it's a bit strange because STP allows me to playback ProRes 1080P, the same Quicktime. "

but those are not video output formats.
[Klaas Byl] "My Quicktime is 2,35 so it's 1920x820 or something like that.
When dropping into my 1080p timeline, FCP asks me to adjust the timeline to the same dimensions of the quicktime file "

I warned you about non standard video frame sizes- your Kona card will only play video out standard video frames -

next time DO NOT allow fcp to change your timeline- place your file in a 1920x1080 project setup.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Klaas Byl
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:15:42 pm

I warned you about non standard video frame sizes- your Kona card will only play video out standard video frames
i know about this issue, but if I switch the dimension it plays on my monitor(but just an image section).

but those are not video output formats.
Don't know how to understand this.
it plays back via Kona card on STP, i thought STP and FCP would use the same "output engine"?

By the way: it seems that we'll get this JVC Monitor
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/microsite/3d/monitor/index.html
for 3-d Screenings etc. Would it be o.k. to set it up via an AJA or blackmagic HD-SDI to HDMI converter for 2D display with final cut pro? it only has 3 HDMI inputs. or is there a monitor (same size?) which you would suggest? just for a quick screening of HD Material with 5.1 sound. it doesn't need to be 100% accurate cause we don't need it for grading or something like this.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Klaas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]