FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja TV Audio Routing?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Klaas Byl
Aja TV Audio Routing?
on Nov 6, 2009 at 1:08:52 pm

Hi,

we're using a Mac Pro and an AJA Kona LH including the breakout box.
Is there a way to route the audio output while playing a quicktime on AJA TV(6.0.1) to our audiointerface(Focusrite Saffire Pro 24), monitoring 5.1 mix?

Thanks for your help!

regards,
Klaas

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Aja TV Audio Routing?
on Nov 6, 2009 at 5:37:56 pm

Ummm.... SDI decode? AES decode?

jPo

This IS my blog!

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 7, 2009 at 2:39:19 pm

Klass

routing of the audio signal is done thru the Kona control panel- but all the audio ports should be working during output.

you would need an AES disembedder to extract more than 4 channels of audio from the LH card.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Klaas Byl
on Nov 7, 2009 at 9:39:26 pm

I'm using the 6 analog outputs of my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 so I don't need to decode SDI or AES.
My video signal is routed via analog output using composite signal(we're going to use SDI in future).
While playing my Quicktime on AJA TV i just get audiosignal on the analog outputs of my Kona breakout box which is connected to another pair of speakers.
We don't use the latest AJA Control Software which cuses kernel panic in past. Our version is the 6.0. Are there any new features in the latest version regarding audio setup?
I already use the interface for audio output on QT Player and Final Cut Pro(6) and configured it in the audio-midi setup as "standard" output.

Thanks for your help.
Klaas

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 9, 2009 at 3:07:58 pm

[gary adcock] "you would need an AES disembedder to extract more than 4 channels of audio from the LH card.
"

Klass.

the LH does not support more than 4 analog outputs, to get more you will have to get something to dis-embed the audio from the video signal to get the correct number of audio outs.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Chicago, IL

Return to posts index

Klaas Byl
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:41:59 am

Hi Gary,

I know that a 5.1 monitoring system is not possible with using the outs of Kona LHe. Thats why we baught the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 which works well with its 6 discrete analog outs.

i wrote an email to support of AJA.
They told me that its not possible to use another audiointerface/ouput then Kona on AJA TV.
Is there maybe another app that does the same like AJA TV and includes routing of audiooutputs?
While playing the Quicktime via QT Player on the "3rd desktop"(AJA Kona Composite out) it is out of sync and does not play back smooth.
i really look forward to get the SDI monitor, composite mode is very bad.
Playback through final cut plays well.
I still have problems with 24P Material. Do i need a monitor which can play back 24p to watch it smooth?
Our beamer(2K, Kinoton DLP/Barco) in the Cinema does not play back smooth either.
Do I have to set the refresh rate to 24?(48...?)
I'm a little bit confused because i see the files running smooth in QT on my desktop.

Good night(its 1:40am in germany) and thanks for your help...
Klaas

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:16:03 pm

[Klaas Byl] "I know that a 5.1 monitoring system is not possible with using the outs of Kona LHe. Thats why we baught the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 which works well with its 6 discrete analog outs. "

Klaas,
myself and others use the technique I described, mainly due to the fact the mux'ing of the 5.1 audio stream is usually done after the edit is completed.

Tech support is correct that you cannot separate the audio from the video in the freeware aja tools.

You might try playing out via VTR exchange- it does allow for separate routing of audio and video.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Chicago, IL

Return to posts index

Klaas Byl
on Nov 11, 2009 at 7:18:00 pm

Hey Gary,

So how do you monitor you 5.1 sounds? Do you de-embed your SDI Signal? Which hardware do you use?

I tried with VTR Xchange but it was not possible to route to my Saffire interface. But its a great tool which helps me to "un-block" the Final Cut so i'm going to use it for capturing purposes in future. I hope we'll get a new digi-beta player which is able to record.

Thanks for your help,
Klaas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]