FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAID recomendations??

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Martin
RAID recomendations??
on Nov 4, 2009 at 8:00:43 pm

Hi All,

I'm considering a new FCP/Kona based edit suite to be run on a new Mac Pro. I haven't bought anything yet and before I do, I want to think through the RAID storage that I'll need. I don't have any pre-conceived notions of brand or specific technology, but I do have a few specific things that I want to make sure are covered:

* Approx 8 TB of space (preferably easily expandable)

* RAID for speed and data protection so that if a single drive fails I don't lose everything - I think that's RAID 0 or 5, but I always forget the terminology.

Performance - I'd like for the system to support at least 3 or 4 layers of ProResHQ material

* Cost is important. I want the best bang-for-the-buck, but it's not the single most important variable. Performance & reliability are key. I'm not a techie that enjoys fooling with hardware.

Any thoughts, advise and info are most welcomed along with your success and/or horror stories!

Many Thanks,
Steve

Production is fun - but lets not forget: Nobody ever died on the video table!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: RAID recomendations??
on Nov 5, 2009 at 1:11:19 am

easy answer -
the best drive arrays are advertised RIGHT HERE, right on this forum, right on Creative Cow - the best place to see the best drive arrays -

Maxx Digital
Cal Digit
Sonnet
G-Tech
JMR
Dulce Systems

why research anywhere else- all the best brands are right here, on this forum, on Creative Cow.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]