FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default video output will not hold

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Wollsey
Default video output will not hold
on Oct 30, 2009 at 9:42:56 pm

I have a KONA LHE that I use with FCP 6.0.5 and COLOR 1.0.4. MAC PRO 2X2.8 QUAD INTEL XEON, OSX 10.5.6, NVIDIA QUADRO FX5600.

I want my default video output through the KONA to be black (going out via SDI to PANASONIC BT-LH2600W).

I change my settings in the KONA control panel to DEFAULT VIDEO OUTPUT - BLACK. However if I then go to COLOR, then leave COLOR, the DEFAULT VIDEO OUTPUT always reverts to COLOR BARS 75%. This is very bad, because if the monitor is left with bars for an exended period of time, when I return to use it I can see parts of the bars burnt in to the monitor for a few hours (kind of ghosting effect).

Does anyone know how to fix this fault with the KONA?

PW

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Default video output will not hold
on Oct 30, 2009 at 11:20:07 pm

[Peter Wollsey] "I change my settings in the KONA control panel to DEFAULT VIDEO OUTPUT - BLACK. However if I then go to COLOR, then leave COLOR, the DEFAULT VIDEO OUTPUT always reverts to COLOR BARS 75%."

have you set this and then closed and reopened the Kona Control Panel.

if you do not quit the control panel application the settings will not hold.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 30, 2009 at 11:30:29 pm

If you are in a large company, and you have an "account" on your MAC, and you are not the administrator, your settings will not be saved. If you are the administrator (and have full administrative access and permissions), then when you make changes, it will hold the settings.

Try this - close all FCS programs. Bring up AJA control panel. Set Control tab to BLACK. Close control panel. Reboot your computer. IF it doesn't stay black, and your monitor comes up with bars, you do not have permission to change these settings. Speak to your IT guys.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Peter Wollsey
on Oct 30, 2009 at 11:35:13 pm

Thanks Bob....

That probably explains it......yes at big company on shared SAN network etc....I will try changing it on admin account, then hope it holds when I return to my usual user account.

PW

Return to posts index

Peter Wollsey
on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:28:53 pm

Hi Bob,

You were correct! Logged in as admin account and the setting stuck......

AJA should put something in their control panel that will tell you that the changes won't stick unless you sign in with an account with admin privileges (when you try to make changes on a non-admin account)....

Thanks again....

Check is in the mail!

PW

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:54:51 am

NO, AJA does not need to do anything. Your IT department should not be touching your MAC.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Peter Wollsey
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:26:25 pm

Well this is a facility with 35 edit stations and tons of freelance editors coming and going.....I think they want to make sure freelancers don't come in and install a bunch of different stuff on different machines, perform random updates etc.....

Maybe there are other ways to deal with this, but as far as I know that's why they generally do not have the machines running on admin accounts.....

PW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]