FORUMS: list search recent posts

KONA LHi clip settings issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Wheeler
KONA LHi clip settings issue
on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:22:09 pm

So, we just converted from AVID to a new FCP with an AJA KONA LHi board, but I can't seem to get the image control we had with the video input tools on the AVID. I hate to have to control the image via the deck, does anyone know how to get the sliders on the 'clips settings' tab non-greyed out? Much appreciated and thank you for your help.

Brian

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: KONA LHi clip settings issue
on Oct 20, 2009 at 10:13:06 pm

[Brian Wheeler] "does anyone know how to get the sliders on the 'clips settings' tab non-greyed out?"

Capturing via a Digital source does not allow for user input control

Capture via Analog should give you full control.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Brian Wheeler
on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:58:43 pm

Problem is, I'm capturing via Analog in, 525i29.97 component beta, editing in Apple ProRes 422 (LT)

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Oct 21, 2009 at 8:43:15 pm

Perhaps FCP is already seeing a digital input from the frame buffer of the KONA. Those adjustment controls you seek should be available in the KONA control panel, under the Proc Amp tab.

Return to posts index

Brian Wheeler
on Oct 21, 2009 at 9:30:08 pm

Thanks for the help, but I don't have a ProcAmp tab in the 7.0.1. control panel. This was easy in Avid, I must be missing something. Even the User Manual doesn't have info on how to access that feature, like the signla is just going to magically correct itself. Help please.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Oct 22, 2009 at 1:39:55 am

Sorry - I was looking at the LHe. It doesn't make sense to me for AJA to have eliminated the proc amp panel for the LHi if the LHi has analog inputs. Definitely one for AJA support...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]