FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio pops, sounds over compressed

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Wilson
Audio pops, sounds over compressed
on Sep 30, 2009 at 12:54:59 am

Hi all,

Just clean installed new FCP Studio 3 onto new HD, all new drivers for Kona 3 etc etc. Pain in the butt for sure but had high hopes. I have had all sort of issues but the one I write about here is the Kona audio. It sounds terrible. Pops, crackle, sounds over compressed etc. when I use the Apple line out and monitor it sounds great. I uninstalled and re-installed the new Kona driver and same problem. Didn't have this issue in FCP Studio 2 with old Kona drivers on old HD. Any ideas Bob and the gang?

Mac Pro early edition 3gig duo core, 8 gigs ram. Kona in slot 3. High Point 2340 multilane to mini-sas hardware raid controler, Mackie controller, Digital audio board (with Kona analog monitor as backup..there as well).

Thanks all,
Don Wilson

Don Wilson
donwilson.tv
AmericanaMediaInc.com
MississippiSon.com
818.660.2915 studio
818.207.6924 cell
818.760.1828 fax

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Audio pops, sounds over compressed
on Sep 30, 2009 at 2:12:23 am

Hi Don -
that picture makes it look like you are pulling your hair out (my pose every single day !).

Dare I ask - what is your genlock situation. Are you working at DVCProHD, or ProRes422 (or HQ) or what ? Getting popping with decks. Look at your AJA ControlPanel control tab - it is set to free run, or external reference - and what is your external reference. Getting popping on old media, or new media that you are trying to digitize - and at what compression format ?

Sorry for al the questions, but I have to know.

bob

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
on Sep 30, 2009 at 2:29:53 am

Bob,

Of course I'm pulling my hair out...all the reasons you can relate to I'm sure. DVCProHD 1080i60 with mixed formats, not too bad though. All new media. Control set to freerun though I've tried genlock to SD black burst. Shot in P2 at 1080i24p and 1080i29.97 (I know, stupid Panasonic renaming) on the HVX200. But aiff audio files click and pop too. Again, clean direct line out of the Mac.

Thanks Bob,
long Time no talk. Cooling off in FLA yet?

Don Wilson
donwilson.tv
AmericanaMediaInc.com
MississippiSon.com
818.660.2915 studio
818.207.6924 cell
818.760.1828 fax

Return to posts index

Bram Tulloch
on Sep 30, 2009 at 3:24:37 am

Go to the Kona Applications and check your firmware.

We've had a similar problem in the past and the firmware update fixed it. With a fresh install, it may not have updated the firmware which is something you have to do manually. Installing the latest drivers doesn't automatically update firmware.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]