FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PVM-1340

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Moulins
Sony PVM-1340
on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:17:20 am

I've trying to this old crt monitor with a Kona 3, but have been unable to get a video signal. Does anyone have a simple recipe to make this worl? I's like to at least be able to monitor my HD projects in SD. I should be able to get an analog signal from card to monitor, shouldn't I?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Sony PVM-1340
on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:51:35 am

[Joe Moulins] " I's like to at least be able to monitor my HD projects in SD. I should be able to get an analog signal from card to monitor, shouldn't I? "

Yes, if you have your AJA Control Panel set up correctly to downconvert the HD signal to SD.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Joe Moulins
on Sep 28, 2009 at 5:30:59 pm

And what would the proper settings be? I'm seeing no signal whatsover.
I'm sure this is in an FAQ somewhere. No?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:27:27 pm

Joe, who would rather be dead than read the manual ("where is the manual - I didn't get no manual") - needs to learn about the AJA Control Panel ("Whats that") - Joe, all modern products have manuals in .pdf form, right on the company website in the "support" tab - all companies today do this. READING is good for you - remember Joe - you have no life, you have nothing to do this evening, other than to read the manual. Forget about your life - you live here now.

with that said -

AJA Control Panel.
Format tab - set secondary to 525 (its currently set to some HD resolution)
Analog output tab - set this to secondary. Also change it from Component to Composite Y/C.

Now, take your Y out cable on your breakout harness, or your K3 box Y out, and stick this into your TV monitor, and you will get a signal. If you don't see something on your TV, close FCP, click on the CONTROL tab of the AJA Control panel, and make sure you are on TEST PATTERN (and not black), and you will see NTSC color bars on your monitor.

If you dont' see anything, you either have a bad cable, a bad TV, a broken Kona 3 or broken K3 box.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joe Moulins
on Sep 29, 2009 at 8:37:26 pm

Thanks for your help.

Joe
(who was up until 3AM reading the manual before asking for help, but appreciates you taking the time to answer his question...and then taking the extra time to add just just a little more.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]