FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona2 and FCP 6

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Lyon
kona2 and FCP 6
on Sep 17, 2009 at 9:38:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up some hardware that arrived from another production office and I'm having no luck getting any video up on the external monitor. Here's what I'm using:

FCP 6.0.6
OS 10.4.11
KONA2
Sony PVM 19" monitor

I've tested the monitor with other sources and confirmed it works. I am able to get audio out of the unbalanced stereo output on the KONA breakout box. I cannot get any video though. I've tested composite and Y'CrCb. I've tested using FCP and using the "test pattern" output in the AJA control panel. I've reset the PRAM and tried different versions of the driver (4.0 and 6.0.3). At this point I'm thinking there is a software compatibility issue or the BOB is just plain broken! FCP clearly recognizes the AJA is present, because it allows me to choose all the dozens of output formats the card supports.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance,

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: kona2 and FCP 6
on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:10:02 pm

Take FCP out of the mix for the moment. Have you tried opening a file using the AJA TV Application?

Also, the analog outputs are switchable between s-video/composite/component in the Kona Control Panel. If its not set correctly it won't work

In addition.. you can take the K-Box out of the mix by re-attaching the pigtail breakout cables that came with your card.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:11:50 pm

Does the card work when connected straight to the monitor, without the BOB?

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
on Sep 18, 2009 at 1:51:54 am

Thanks for the responses. I forgot about the pigtail connector. I will root around and see if I can find it tomorrow. I tested the AJA TV app and tried both BETA component output and composite settings via the control panel with no luck. The outputs appear completely dead. The monitor doesn't even flicker to resync when you change any of the output settings in the control panel. In fact, the CRT displayed "no sync" the entire time I did my testing, like it never got anything close to a signal. I'll respost after testing the pigtail connection tomorrow.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:55:38 pm

sorry for the delay in replying, my account got deactivated! But I'm back now...

I tried the pigtail connector and everything is working like a charm! Then I realized it was user error all along ... I made the embarrassing mistake of having forgotten to connect BOTH cables to the breakout box :-) Lesson learned....

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]