FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with LHe capture since FCP upgrade

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Reynolds
Problem with LHe capture since FCP upgrade
on Sep 9, 2009 at 7:07:42 pm

Hi all
Recently upgraded from FCP 6 to FCP 7 (or 09 or whatever it is called). My LHe card has continued to happily send video to my monitor via component. However now I come to capture my usual way (PAL DigiBeta from a Sony J30 using 9 pin remote and Kona's SDI to Pro Res) I get only green shash or interference in the log and capture window. If I switch to component out of Kona then I get only solid purple. I can successfully get DV through the deck's firewire, so it is not a problem with the tape.

On the upgrade I was running driver 6.02 but have since uninstalled this and run 6.5 and now am on 7.0 - all give the same result.

I am stumped. Could it be a hardware fault? I know AJA products are very reliable and a driver issue is the most likely cause, but I feel like I have tried every configuration. AJA conflict checker has come up with nothing also.

MacPro late 08 dual quad intel xeon 2.8Ghz 8 GB RAM running Leopard 10.5.8 and FCP 7.0

I would be very grateful for any suggestions or wisdom

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Problem with LHe capture since FCP upgrade
on Sep 9, 2009 at 10:39:37 pm

Did you setup the proper easy setup? Sounds like you might not have?

-----------
Dual Quad core 3.0Ghz <> 16GB RAM <> FCP 6.0.3 <> Kona 3
Sonnet D800RAID, 8TB
OS 10.5.2 <> QT 7.4.5

Return to posts index

Eugene Reynolds
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:08:35 am

Thanks for the response Jeremy
I have tried every possible easy set up and in doing so have discovered that my problem is confined only to selecting ProRes (SQ) as my capture preset. If I select anything else - including all other flavours of ProRes or 10/8 uncompressed - I can SEE and CAPTURE video. If I select ProRes SQ I just get shash. Weird.
I have started a new post on the FCP forum with this problem spelled out.
Does this make any sense to you?? Suggests it's software though I guess.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:52:09 pm

Try trashing your Quicktime preferences.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]