FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio drift on Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ajay bhadresa
Audio drift on Kona LHe
on Sep 6, 2009 at 1:31:16 am

Hi there,

I've recently been experiencing problems with audio drift on my client monitor when working in Final Cut Pro. To start with the audio will be in sync but as the sequence plays (it's about 4 mins in duration) it seems to slowly lose sync until it's quite noticeably out. I'm running an 8 Core Mac Pro and my Kona LHe card is in the top slot and the Configuration tool is set so that the Gfx card is running at 16x and the Kona gets 4x (option 2 I think). Any help you might be able to offer would be appreciated!

Thanks,

ajay

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Audio drift on Kona LHe
on Sep 8, 2009 at 4:12:49 pm

Format? Frame rate? Software Versions? Hard drives? Please give us more info about your system.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

ajay bhadresa
on Sep 8, 2009 at 8:43:12 pm

Hi there,

Sorry I should have been more specific. The project that it is most apparent on is a Varicam project that was shot in 720, 24p but there is a lag in other projects too. I'm using version 6.0.6 of Final Cut Pro and version 6.5.0 of AJA control panel. My Mac is one of the earlier 8 core Mac Pros (which has 667mhz memory). My LHe is in the 4th slot and is configured to run at 4x in the slot utility. I'm feeding my client monitor via SDI and then monitoring the sound via a mixer from the XLR out of the Kona (the audio disembedding feature on the FSI monitor I have seems to result in poor quality sound)

Normally I capture / work from a 1.5TB internal Sata RAID but for the Varicam project I'm working on an external drive via FW800. However, I'm still getting the audio drift on another project that's on the internal SATA drives which is a DV PAL project.

I hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 8, 2009 at 8:52:09 pm

[ajay bhadresa] "The project that it is most apparent on is a Varicam project that was shot in 720, 24p but there is a lag in other projects too."

24 or 23.976?

Return to posts index

ajay bhadresa
on Sep 9, 2009 at 11:16:15 pm

Hi Jeremy,

It's 24fps

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:55:40 pm

Then you have to to be sure that you have 24.0 selected as your video output and that your client monitor accepts true 24.0.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

ajay bhadresa
on Sep 12, 2009 at 10:55:24 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I have the FSI-LM1760W and looking at the specs it seems to support 24. However, in the video output options I can't seem to see 24p at all.

Return to posts index

ajay bhadresa
on Sep 12, 2009 at 11:10:21 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I've just been going through my Easy Setup options and you were indeed correct. I had my sequence set to 24fps but changing it to 23.98 fixed the problem! Many thanks for your help ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]