FORUMS: list search recent posts

mjpeg HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Tobin
mjpeg HD
on Sep 1, 2009 at 3:23:51 pm

Hello,
I have a concert shot over two days with nine camera's. I have to use the best songs from different nights
to create one show. Basically I have 75hr's of footage (1080i 29.97) This project will have to stay on-line
for a while as a juggle other HI-REZ projects. I would like to keep the frame size or at least DVCPRO-HD size using the mjpeg compressor. I believe that's about 1mbps but I'm not sure if that doubles when using the larger frame size. Has anyone done this? Photo jpeg is not an option on the Aja data rate calculator.
Thanks
RT

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: mjpeg HD
on Sep 1, 2009 at 3:26:11 pm

Use ProRes Proxy if you have FCP7.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rob Tobin
on Sep 1, 2009 at 3:30:45 pm

I have it on a dual boot. I don't really trust it yet as I've experienced frame drifts on edit to tape and
some other little issues. I know that 6.05 is pretty solid and would prefer to use this as I'll need to up-rez. thanks for the quick reply!
RT

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 1, 2009 at 3:40:27 pm

No worries.

Problem is that you will get no rt effects and probably a bit of stuttery plyback without a codec that isn't rt enabled.

I would say use offlinert at the very least. If you don't want that, using dv is an option, DVCPro HD if you want to stay HD. In my opinion, MJPEG HD will probabaly cause a bit of a hassle.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rob Tobin
on Sep 1, 2009 at 4:46:33 pm

yes I want all the camera's to play smoothly in the offline... I might have to re-think the work-flow.
I just read the white paper on Pro-rez. Your original thought of Pro-rez proxy seems the best to keep
the frame size and at 17mpbs it would be less than Dv25 at the same frame size. I just have a little fear of starting a new project not knowing all the "undocumented features" of FCP7. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Thanks
RT

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 1, 2009 at 6:05:03 pm

[Rob Tobin] "I just have a little fear of starting a new project not knowing all the "undocumented features" of FCP7"

Jump in!

No, I hear you. That's solid thinking. Although, I did jump in and it seems to be working ok. Haven't tried a multicam project, but supposedly some things are imporved there. Kona seems to be working too.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]