FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHi drops frames whem monitoring audio

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Sanchez
Kona LHi drops frames whem monitoring audio
on Aug 29, 2009 at 6:49:54 pm

I'm having a strange issue with my new Kona LHi. I'm cutting a music video that was shot on XDCAM EX, playing out of the Kona at 1080 23.98 psf, and using the card to play out to an SD client monitor. It downconverts beautifully. Here's the problem.

When I set video playback and audio playback to go through the Kona card. FCP reports dropped frames. If I playback video only, with the audio set to playback via built in line out, no problem.

I've included a screen grab of my expansion slot setup. Likewise, my system is a first generation Mac Pro, Quad 3Ghz with 12GB of RAM, OSX 10.5.7. I'm using a Cal Digit HD Element that's only 30% full so I'm sure it's not a storage issue. Thanks!

-=Richard=-

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Ensuing Kona LHi strangeness
on Sep 5, 2009 at 6:27:57 pm

Here's a weird one. After checking my ram configuration, making sure my Kona firmware is up to date I've the weirdest thing. If I turn on Kona's realtime timecode burn in, I can monitor audio and video. The audio does not crackle or drop frames, and it's all playing out of the Kona card. If I turn off the timecode burn, I can't play audio out of the card without dropping frames. I can play video out of the card, and play audio out of the built in line out, but obviously I can't do that to layback my masters, nor can I layback my masters with a timecode burn in.

Kona software version 6.5.1 though I'll try upgrading the software to the new 7.0 FCS 2 (Final Cut 6.0.5), OSX 10.5.7, 12 gb ram, first generation mac pro, Cal Digit RAID Card with a near empty Cal Digit HD Element.

-=Richard=-

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Problem solved
on Sep 5, 2009 at 7:12:01 pm

So five minutes after my last post, I decided to install the new software release for Snow Leopard. Though I haven't yet installed Snow Leopard, it cleared up my problem completely. New firmware, and AJA Control Panel 7.0

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]