FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Lhi in slot #2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonardo Hallal
Kona Lhi in slot #2
on Aug 28, 2009 at 4:11:14 pm

Hello All,

I recently got a One 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor 8GB ram - ATI Radeon HD 4870.

I had a Kona Lhi card installed on slot number 2. I ask the tech guy if it wasn't the case of installing it in slot 3, as I have seen on this forum and he said the second was the right one.

My mac is very noise and I've figured that it has to do with the fact that the two cards are very close and the Kona is kind of blocking the cooling fan of the ATI.

Should I move the Kona card to slot 3? Is it only a matter of moving or there are other issues I sould know about?

Thanks,

Leo Hallal

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona Lhi in slot #2
on Aug 28, 2009 at 7:56:17 pm

As I browse thru Creative Cow, I am sitting here building two brand new Apple Nahelem MAC Pro Quad Core computers with two brand new Kona LHi cards. I have just finished the first unit. Slot 2 is empty. Slot 3 is the storage card. Slot 4 is the Kona LHi. You can interchange slot 3 and 4.

If I had a hi speed storage card (like an ATTO R380, Cal Digit RAID card, or Areca 1680x) I would put this card in slot 2 - a card that would benefit from the extra lanes.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]