FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Codec "NONE"

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
File Codec "NONE"
on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:07:21 pm

I just receive a couple of animations (cartoon) that were exported to QTs with the compression set to NONE. When I match the sequence to the clips I just get the freeze frame at stop. Nothing I set the Kona3 to will let me view the playback.

The movies are SD 720x486 23.98 if I export this timeline and convert it to 10-Bit uncompressed I'm I losing any quality or should I use animation.

I have always heard that NONE is not a good idea, is that the case. What would be the format to suggest?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: File Codec "NONE"
on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:34:17 pm

None. It's similar to Animation. I'd just put in whatever timeline you need, then render.

Technically, it's an 8bit lossless uncompressed codec (4:4:4:4), so you won't lose anything. Does it have an alpha channel you need?

The nice thing about it is that it's cross platform, but it tends to weigh on the heavy side.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:42:02 pm

Thanks,

there is no Alpha so if I just set the compression to 10-Bit Uncompressed add the credits and export I should be fine or should I export it as NONE again.

It is only going to DVD.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:44:10 pm

You'll be totally fine. You can use 8bit if you want, as the none files are 8bit only.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]