FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 6.5 and Final Cut Studio 2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Bokoski, Jr.
Kona 6.5 and Final Cut Studio 2
on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:09:59 pm

Has anyone upgraded to the latest software version and still run Studio 2? Just wondering if it works, any improvements or best to wait till we upgrade to FCS 3?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona 6.5 and Final Cut Studio 2
on Aug 18, 2009 at 10:44:45 pm

Aja recommends 6.5 for fcs3.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 18, 2009 at 11:05:55 pm

What Jeremy says. And I will say Studio 3 is incredibly stable. We installed Studio 3 on three systems mid stream to all sorts of projects and it's just rocking along. I have a huge documentary with 82 hours of material and we switched to FCP 7 this week about halfway into the project.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

David Achilles
on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:08:31 pm

Are you guys saying dont updgrade to Kona Control Panel 6.5 if I am still running FCP Studio 2? I just did that this morning and am getting all kinds of bugs on the system now.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 2x2.66 Ghz Dual Core Xeon, 4Gb ram. FCP Studio 2 (version 6.0.6), Kona LHe, Medea Raid....Atto SCSI...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:12:48 pm

[David Achilles] "Are you guys saying dont updgrade to Kona Control Panel 6.5 if I am still running FCP Studio 2?"

Yes, 6.5 is for FCS 3.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Nichols
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:43:11 pm

Strange. I am running FCP 7 and I have updated to 6.0.5 AJA drivers. Playing out over HD-SDI to a monitor is now choking FCP, causing the dreaded beach ball and ultimately a crash. I cannot use FCP unless I turn off external video.

Abel Cine Tech - Rental Coordinator
We now have Red and SI-2K in our Rental Fleet!
212.462.0163 • mnichols [at] abelcine [dot] com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2009 at 11:39:47 am

You mean 6.5? Did you uninstall using the uninstaller, then reinstall the new drivers?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 20, 2009 at 11:58:30 am

[Michael Nichols] "Strange. I am running FCP 7 and I have updated to 6.0.5 AJA drivers. Playing out over HD-SDI to a monitor is now choking FCP, causing the dreaded beach ball and ultimately a crash. I cannot use FCP unless I turn off external video. "

Did you do a complete Clean Install of Studio 3 doing the correct method of completely erasing your hard drive, then installing the OS, running all updates, then installing Studio 3 and installing all updates?

We have three systems running perfectly fine with Studio 3 and the latest Kona 3 drivers.

If you simply performed an "upgrade" on top of your current system, well then you're just asking for issues.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Michael Nichols
on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:50:51 pm

I did a clean install of everything! I actually installed a new hard drive and new OS!

I uninstalled the 6.5 driver and then installed the 6.5 NND driver and it is working fine. Strange...

Abel Cine Tech - Rental Coordinator
We now have Red and SI-2K in our Rental Fleet!
212.462.0163 • mnichols [at] abelcine [dot] com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]