FORUMS: list search recent posts

way to find out if Kona 3 is broken

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jochem van Rijs
way to find out if Kona 3 is broken
on Aug 18, 2009 at 9:25:46 am

Long time reader but now I have a problem I can not solve

I want to output an 1080p 120min @ 25p film to HDCAM SR with 12 audio tracks (from a system I used before to do this) but when I want to edit to tape I get a scrambled up picture with interference.

I tried a lot

1. Control panel settings (correct)
2. FCP user settings (correct)
3. Driver updated (no effect)
4. Firmware update (no effect)
5. Clean instal OSX - FCP and Kona 3 drivers (no effect)
6. copied sequence to a new project (no effect)
7. made a new fcp project (used bars and tone but no effect)
8. blacked the tape
9. Swapped card to other mac pro

I am running a MacPro 8 core (early 2008) with enough ram. Media is 25p 1080 uncompressed 10bit. Media is one stream and comes from 3 striped 7200rpm discs.

(please guru's this works. (singel stream, I do it all the time in and out with 12 tracks)

My guess is the card is bust. Is there an way to HARD reset the actual card? Tech support I can call tomorrow as I have bought this in the Netherlands and the guy is back tomorrow from Holiday.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: way to find out if Kona 3 is broken
on Aug 18, 2009 at 2:23:35 pm

[Jochem van Rijs] "I want to output an 1080p 120min @ 25p film to HDCAM SR with 12 audio tracks (from a system I used before to do this) but when I want to edit to tape I get a scrambled up picture with interference. "

Are you sure the deck is setup and connected correctly?

Take FCP out of the mix.

Use only the AJA Control Panel and the card to test your signal pathway- you should be able to see bars or ramps by using just the Kona Control Panel- At this stage if you are seeing a predominantly green image- it may be the card.

however if the signal is working correctly (showing bars and or Ramps) from the card-then it is FCP's setting that are creating this issue.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflow for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]