FORUMS: list search recent posts

System won't recognize Kona LHi card after driver deletion

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David de Vos
System won't recognize Kona LHi card after driver deletion
on Aug 7, 2009 at 1:57:56 am

Okay, I just installed the LHi driver v 6.05 and rebooted. I got two blue screens and no desktop. Figuring there was some problem with the new driver, I booted the Mac Pro from my G4 laptop (FW800 connection and "T" on startup) and manually deleted the AJA drivers. Fortunately, this worked to get my Mac Pro desktop up again. Unfortunately, now my system won't recognize my Kona card. I reinstalled the drivers again, but it still won't recognize the (brand new) card. All I can think of is that I deleted something I shouldn't have.

I'm going to reinstall the OS, then reinstall the driver again and see what happens...

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: System won't recognize Kona LHi card after driver deletion
on Aug 7, 2009 at 12:30:23 pm

the two blue screens (and nothing else) means that you MUST install the NDD version of the driver. UNINSTALL the AJA driver you have now, and reinstall only the NDD version of the driver, and you will be fine.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 7, 2009 at 6:29:27 pm

AJA Provides a driver uninstaller in AJA Utilities folder. use that next time. If your computer won't boot (blue screens) then hold the power button down to shut down. Restart the computer holding the shift key to get in to safe mode, then run the AJA uninstaller.

Then do what Bob says and install the NDD version of the drivers.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David de Vos
on Aug 9, 2009 at 12:30:43 am

Thanks, guys. Tried the new NDD driver, didn't work at first. Reinstalled OS 10.5.8 and tried the new drivers again. Works great now. Thank you!

Also, the static from the Kona card went away as well, so it looks to be a reasonable fix. Appreciate it much!

Dave

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 9, 2009 at 2:08:43 pm

no one ever wants to uninstall and reinstall (I certainly don't), but you see the power of doing this. This applies not only to MAC applications, but to PC as well.

Glad it worked.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

David de Vos
on Aug 11, 2009 at 10:05:05 pm

Yep. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]