FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA LHE / System Digitize Problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett King
AJA LHE / System Digitize Problem
on Aug 3, 2009 at 9:08:57 pm

Hi, I am trying to Capture with my kona LHE card into a Mac Pro with 5 gigs of Ram / 2 Dual core processors. We have this system setup with an avid partition also, which the company that set this up for us seems to be baffled why it won't work b/c they say that they have systems like it set up all over town (NYC). I have my NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card in slot 1. I have a firewire card in slot 2. I have the LHE in Slot 3. I have an inactive fiber card in sot 4. We are trying to capture Apple Pro Res NTSC 29.97 SDI input. Using black gen from an AJA Gen 10 into the deck and into the Kona Ref. I have tried capturing to the computer's Hard-Drive and a 2TB G-Raid that the AJA System Test and Data Rate Calculator say should work fine for the low bandwidth we are trying to capture. It seems that there is something more going on with this system other than the Aja settings. Any Ideas

Garrett
Transition Productions

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: AJA LHE / System Digitize Problem
on Aug 3, 2009 at 10:18:23 pm

Virtual Media - the big AVID dealer in NY, knows very well to setup a system like this with TWO INTERNAL HARD DRIVES - one for FCP, and one for the AVID software, as they are totally incompatible. AVID will not currently run under OS-X 10.5.7 (you need OS-X 10.5.6).
Who did you use - VCA ? Your AVID dealer, who charged you A LOT OF MONEY to set up this system, should come over there, and FIX THIS FOR YOU.

Right now, in your "AJA partition", run AJA system Test on your 2 TB
G-RAID. I assume that you are running your G-RAID on the FW800 buss (which is insane - you should have an eSATA card in your system - tear out that useless Fibre channel card). What speed are you getting (your AJA System Test is in Applications/AJA Utilities).
Set it for 1920x1080, with a 1 Gig File. If you are not getting over 60Mb/sec, you are wasting your time. If you are getting 30-40 Mb/sec, it's not going to work - period.

If your dealer is VCA - they used to have the best tech's there.

Try all of this again - pull out your FC card, and your Fibre channel card, and try again. No one puts AVID and FCP software on the same drive- you do it on two seperate boot drives. Drives today (even 500 Gig SATA drives) only cost $60 bucks. Who would do such a thing ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]