FORUMS: list search recent posts

More on the EXTENDED DESKTOP option with the Kona LHi

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Felix
More on the EXTENDED DESKTOP option with the Kona LHi
on Jul 22, 2009 at 6:31:06 pm

So ... started the Mac this morning .. goes to blank blue screens and then nothing. Argh!

To cut a long story shot - there was a conflict with the AJA Driver and the ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphics card we have. They will not work together if you use the AJA driver that allows an extended desktop on your HD monitor.

I fixed this problem thus:
Started the Mac in Safe mode.
Uninstalled the AJA drivers.
Re-started the Mac (in normal mode): worked fine.
Re-installed the AJA drivers from their web site - selecting the 'NDD' version instead - the one that doe NOT give you an extended Mac desktop.
Re-started again.
Everything fine. Except that I no longer have an option for the Kona card to extend my desktop onto the HD monitor (when not using FCP obviously). I for one found this feature useful and hope that AJA will fix this problem. My Blackmagic card does allow extended desktop without problems ...

Jon Felix
DIGIT POST
Marin County, California

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: More on the EXTENDED DESKTOP option with the Kona LHi
on Jul 22, 2009 at 7:42:21 pm

[Jon Felix] "Except that I no longer have an option for the Kona card to extend my desktop onto the HD monitor (when not using FCP obviously)."

What do you use it for exactly?

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: More on the EXTENDED DESKTOP option with the Kona LHi
on Jul 23, 2009 at 1:54:31 am

If you want video output from Shake, you need to use the extended desktop from your Aja or Decklink card. Which conflicts with Color. So you may need to toggle between settings as you switch from one to the other.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]