FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pulldown Clarification

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Kleinberger
Pulldown Clarification
on Jul 20, 2009 at 3:25:29 pm

Hi,

First, although I have never posted I have used this site for the great resource that it is. Thanks.

I am hoping for a little clarification.

I have a XDCam EX sequence shot st 23.98 cut into a FCP sequence with an AJA Kona LHe card. The sequence setting s I am using are for 1080i/29.97. I am under the impression that:

1) FCP and not the Kona card is adding the pulldown to get the 29.97 playout
2) Within the RT Menu the user can select the type of pulldown FCP is introducing.

I have seen different post around this website that seem to conflict with #2. Some post indicate FCP only uses 2224 pulldown, other say it is selectable through the RT menu. I have selected the 2323 option.

Does anyone want to weigh in definitively?

Thanks.
-scott

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Pulldown Clarification
on Jul 20, 2009 at 4:41:12 pm

[Scott Kleinberger] "Does anyone want to weigh in definitively? "

If you use a 29.97 sequence, FCP adds the pulldown, and it does it improperly. What you want to do is have the Kona add the pulldown. TO do this, you use a 23.976 (23.98) sequence and then set your video output/Kona frame buffer to 29.97 from the FCP 'View' menu.

Make sense?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Scott Kleinberger
on Jul 20, 2009 at 4:49:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
So does that mean the pulldown selection options under the RT menu just dont't work. If you select one over the other you always get 2224?

-scott

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 20, 2009 at 5:46:19 pm

[Scott Kleinberger] " If you select one over the other you always get 2224? "

This menu has nothing to do with pulldown to the sequence. This has to do with pulldown playing out of the firewire.

For Kona, leave the sequence @ 23.98, and then use the control panel to get to 29.97. You can set the pulldown cadence in the control panel, but I'd suggest leaving @ 2:3

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Scott Kleinberger
on Jul 20, 2009 at 5:51:25 pm

Hi,

Great. Thanks for that clarification.

-scott

Return to posts index

Scott Kleinberger
on Jul 21, 2009 at 4:31:08 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Again, thanks for the info.
In dealing with this problem, I wonder- is there a way to export my finished sequence to QT in a 29.97 timebase with the correct 2:3 pulldown and not the 2224 pulldown FCP wants to do from within the application?

-scott

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 21, 2009 at 5:23:07 pm

[Scott Kleinberger] "is there a way to export my finished sequence to QT in a 29.97 timebase with the correct 2:3 pulldown and not the 2224 pulldown FCP wants to do from within the application? "

Compressor:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1033717

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]