FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Some Clarification Re Kona LHI

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Akbar Ukani
Need Some Clarification Re Kona LHI
on Jul 2, 2009 at 11:58:23 pm

So I just bought a new Kona LHI for my Mac Pro and I am still trying to learn the card functionality...I have some 1080p23.98 ProRes footage which I would like to downconvert to 480p...I got a handle of it using Compressor 3 (i first make a QT ref file and then bring that into compressor and adjust frame controls)

My question is...Is there a way to downconvert the 1080p timeline using the Kona LHI Hardware card? Sorry if this is a really dumb question?

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Need Some Clarification Re Kona LHI
on Jul 3, 2009 at 2:00:26 am

To do this with the Kona, you need to play it out through the card to another video device, typically a deck. Some people play it out to another computer with another capture card.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Need Some Clarification Re Kona LHI
on Jul 3, 2009 at 4:17:36 pm

this is not a dumb question. This is a great question.
Go to your audio/video setting, and under Playback, instead of selecting 23.98, select 29.97. The card will do the pulldown for you.
Your outputs are still putting out a 1080 29.97 signal, but you want 480 (standard def). Open the AJA control panel, click on Format. Select secondary to be 525, not 1080. Now, click on the digital output - if you choose secondary, you will get a 480 output (525 NTSC). If you click on the analog tab, and choose secondary (525) you will get the downconverted output.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]