FORUMS: list search recent posts

Budget HD LCD HDMI Monitoring and Kona LHi

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lyas
Budget HD LCD HDMI Monitoring and Kona LHi
on Jun 24, 2009 at 3:28:33 am

Hi

I have been doing a lot of web surfing / reading about which video capture card to purchase.

The usual suspects AJA, BM & Matrox

I have always been impressed by AJA's onboard processing ability for Up/Cross/Down conversion and RT assistence in FCP.

I have a Panasonic TX-32LZD800A LCD (1920 x 1080) I want to use for color grading.

I have always been impressed by the MXO2 claim of the ability to calibrate HD LCD TV's.

I see that the Kona LHi now supports HDMI input / output. I'm pretty sure a LCD TV can be connected via this HDMI output for monitoring, be it direct from the card or the breakout box.

I've read the online Kona LHi 96 page (or there abouts) pdf manual, but can't see that there is a definite mention about the LHi being able to calibrate for budget monitoring via LCD TV.

Can any one clarify these issues?

If the LHi can't calibrate, does anyone have any links to calibrate non professional HD LCD TV's.

My Panansonic 32" gives the ability to adjust the following: Viewing Mode, Contrast, Brightness, Color, Sharpness, Tint, Color Balance, Color Management ans something called P-NR.

I look forward to any opinions,

Many thanks

Michael

MacPro (early '08)
FCS 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]