FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlacing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Collier
Interlacing
on Jun 22, 2009 at 2:26:43 pm

Anyone have interlacing issues when capturing with a AJA Kona card. I see small horizontal lines when pausing the action and when there's alot of movement (hand waving, mouth moving etc). I understand the whole interlacing concept, and when I pause video I can see some banding, but sometimes this comes across when playing the video. Also we have 2 avid systems here and they don't show this same banding. If I deinterlace then the banding goes away, but the edges of things get stair-steppy.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Interlacing
on Jun 22, 2009 at 3:35:11 pm

What format are you capturing from and what codec are you capturing to? Where are you looking at this material on your computer monitor or a proper broadcast monitor?

When in pause, you have the option to look at both fields or a single field in the AJA control panel.

JEremy

Return to posts index

Joey Burnham
Re: Interlacing
on Jun 26, 2009 at 6:22:39 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "
When in pause, you have the option to look at both fields or a single field in the AJA control panel."

Yep. Under the codec tab you can switch this. But personally I would leave it how it is. Much easier to not get flash frames when editing.
Joey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]