FORUMS: list search recent posts

updated to 10.5-new Lhi problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince Sanchez
updated to 10.5-new Lhi problem
on Jun 11, 2009 at 7:43:58 pm

Okay, after I delivered a show last Fri, Ive had a few days to take my system down and upgrade my system so I can install my new LHi. Believe me I needed every single day!
To make a long story short, anyone who is on a Tiger Xsan system and is contemplating ugrading their edit station to Leopard contact me, its a nightmare if you don't have all the right info and that's not easy to come by, I will happily save you a couple of days of hair pulling.
So, I got the system upgraded and the Lhi installed. My main reason for switching fro an LHe to an LHi was so I can cross convert between 720p and 1080i for delivering a show I produce. Set everything as per the manual and the output looked ugly, huge interlace lines. Shut down restarted opened the project all looked great. Next morning came in opened up project, interlace lines are back and they won't go away. I have upconverted and down converted footage and it all looks fine.
What I really wanted to do was cross convert on input, run the video out of a second machine with an LH card into the LHi machine. Wow! it looks stunning, I had experimented with crossconverting in FCP, Compressor and After Effects and this blew them all away and no rendering time. So I'm saved for now, though I have a project coming up where I will have to crossconvert out to an HDCAM deck.
I have contacted AJA about this and am waiting for a response, I wondering if anyone else with a LHi has run into this problem? I'm trying to determine if its a hardware, software, personal issue.
After the first time I saw the problem I completely reinstalled the system from the ground up and ran it with only the OS and FCP and its still been the same. I tried v1 and 1.1 of the drivers, no luck.
Any insights would be helpful.
Thanks

Thanks,
Vince Sanchez
Intel Quad Mac 2.66
AJA LHe
HD link
OSX 10.4.11
FCP Studio 2

Return to posts index

Kent Stipp
Re: updated to 10.5-new Lhi problem
on Jun 11, 2009 at 8:21:42 pm

Vince
I have not experianced this I have installed a great number of then in systems since the release.
Try this, you can uninstall the drivers and install the NDD version if you have not already.
Hope this helps

Kent

Kent Stipp
Life Begins at 155mph
Ki PRO Lens to Post
3am Studios llc.
3amstudios.org
Sharedsummitsfever.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 11, 2009 at 9:05:08 pm

I agree with Kent. Vince - you must understand that 10.4.11 didn't even exist when the LHi was produced. This is an OS-X 10.5.x product. I am not questioning the problems you are having, and AJA should, and WILL address the cross convert issues you are having.
But this is not related to the OS.

As Kent said, please use the AJA uninstaller in the AJA Utilites folder, reboot, and reinstall your AJA drivers from the AJA website, NOT the CD that AJA gave you.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Vince Sanchez
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:41:35 pm

Thanks Kent, but using the NDD drivers didn't change a thing.
I'm probably going to try running out of the lhi and into one of our other machines that can capture at ProRes 1080i and see what that looks like. I'll send examples of what i get to Aja. Right now I'm monitoring either through HDMI or component.
BTW I never install drivers from the CD and I never implied I thought it was an OS problem, but considering the problems I had upgrading the XSAN software I was making doubly sure.

Thanks,
Vince Sanchez
Intel Quad Mac 2.66
AJA LHe
HD link
OSX 10.4.11
FCP Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]